Chapter 10

During the ride to Charming, Happy drove beside Cassandra the entire time. His nerves were on edge and he didn't know why.

Two hours into their ride, Happy heard a loud engine and turned his head to see a truck coming up towards him, Cassandra, and Donut. Donut gave Happy a look then shot his eyes to the girl next to Happy. Happy snarled and sped up and swerved close to Cassandra quickly. 

"Get out of here," She told Happy but he glared at her. "Happy get the fuck out of here! I will meet you at the motel. Now go," she yelled at him and Happy felt his heart quicken with fright as she slowed her bike. 

Donut and Happy sped away but Happy kept the purple bike in his mirrors as long as he could. Soon he couldn't see her and he looked at Donut who shook his head and they headed towards the motel. 

Cassandra growled and pulled her gun out of her back pocket and drove on the side of the truck and shot at the passenger. They shot back and swerved towards her bike making her jerk away and almost lose control.

 Suddenly, the back passenger door opened and a shot was fired making Cassandra scream as pain shot through her shoulder. She lost control over her bike and was suddenly flipped off and she growled quickly standing up and fired shots at the truck.

The vehicle quickly drove off and Cassandra tore her shirt and wrapped it tightly around the wound and with gritted teeth got back on the bike and sped towards the motel.

------------------------------------------------------------

Happy paced near his bike waiting for Cassandra as he ran his hand over his head. "Anything Happy," Donut asked and the taller man shook his head.

"No, I can't even hear a bike," Happy grunted and sat on a close by bench with his head in his hands. It had been almost three hours since they had split up with Cassandra and Happy was getting impatient with worry.

Happy's head shot up when he heard the familiar sound of the Ducati and his heart slowed when he saw his Old Lady close. She drove closer and happy saw all the damage the bike had taken then locked on her pale face. She parked and weakly got off then fell to the ground breathing rapidly.

"Cassandra," Happy yelled and ran towards her and pulled her in his chest

"Cassandra," Happy yelled and ran towards her and pulled her in his chest. He noticed the bloody material and his heart stopped. Her whimper brought him out of the trance like state he was in and she blinked slowly up at him. 

"Get it... out," she begged and Happy nodded and quickly brought her inside and called Chibs. After a brief conversation, the Scott was on his way and Happy gently rested Cassandra's head in his lap while one hand placed pressure on the wound.

"Hap... tired," she weakly croaked and the man looked down at her with black eyes. "Hold on girl. Chibs is coming," he growled and she nodded weakly up at him.

Donut heard banging on the door and he quickly let Chibs and Tig in then rushed them towards the couple who were on the floor in the bathroom. "Jesus Christ," Chibs gasped as he looked at the raging man and the pale woman in shock.

"Fix her, Chibs," Happy growled loudly but looked down when the grip Cassandra had on his hand lessened. "Hey girl, look at me," Happy snarled and she weakly blinked up at him. Chibs quickly got to work and gave Cassandra some pills to keep the infection from occurring.

Soon, Chibs sewed up Cassandra's shoulder and nodded towards Happy who slowly picked her up and walked to the bed and laid her down. "Thanks brother," Happy sighed and rested his hand on Chibs' shoulder.

Soon, Donut went to his room and Chibs and Tig left, so Happy showered and laid down next to his girl. She looked over at him slowly but he kissed her forehead lightly. "Sleep girl. Chibs patched you up," he told her and she rested her head on his arm then passed out. Hours later, Happy finally got tired and fell asleep.

 Hours later, Happy finally got tired and fell asleep