Chapter 6

Brick laid awake in his bed. He wasn't able to sleep. He couldn't. Not with everything that happened earlier. 

FLASHBACK: When the brothers parted ways. 

Brick ended up in the gymnasium, where the girls were having cheerleading practice. Brick groaned but followed the guys over to the bleachers to sit down. One of the guys pointed at Momoko. "That's the girl you are looking for. Bossy, but sweet at the same time. A lot of boys like her, but none of them have gotten close to her, or been able to ask her out. Her friend, Kaoru, checks every guy that want's to date her, and no one has been approved by her." Brick nodded and glanced at her. 

It was the same girl he talked with in gym class, and he had to admit, she as good. She jumped around and bend her body in every direction. He knew Blossom were able to bend because he had seen her go to great lengths to not get dirty. 

Momoko called the girls to her, and then they started building a pyramid. They were getting pretty high up in the air, and Brick got a bad feeling in his stomach for some reason. The girls were standing, and it was only the top left. He watched Momoko jump up with an extra boost from two girls, and she landed right on top of the pyramid. 

Brick's gut feeling got worse, and he didn't like it. He watched Momoko smile and stretch her hands in the air when it all went wrong. Two guys came in passing a ball back and forth when they threw it to far. The ball hit Momoko right in the head, knocking her down from the pyramid. The girls gasped, and Brick reacted on his own. He jumped up and darted down from the bleachers before he slid along the floor to catch her in time. He got her right as she was about to hit the ground, and Brick stood up with Momoko in his arms.

She had passed out, so he carried her over to the bleachers to lay her down. Her teammates got down from the pyramid and crowded around her talking in low whispers. Brick stepped back and turned to the two boys at the entrance. "What the hell!?" He screamed at them. The guys looked guilty. "Sorry man. We didn't mean to hit her." Brick huffed and turned to the girls again. He had no idea why he got mad at the guys because he usually loved to cause trouble and hurt people, but he just got so mad when they hit Momoko. 

The girls were all talking, so he was the only one to notice that she was walking up. She groaned, and the girls got quiet. "Momoko!" They screamed. "Hey, girls. What happened?" The girls all looked at me. "You got hit in the head with a ball and fell down from the pyramid. But this guy caught you." Momoko looked at Brick, and she smiled lightly. "Thank you. But I don't think I can train anymore for today. All I need right now is an ice pack and some water." She tried to get up but quickly fell forwards, feeling dizzy. 

Brick caught her again and lifted her up bridal style. Momoko blushed lightly, and Brick had his whole face matching his hat. The girls all 'aaww'ed at the sight. "Brick right?" He nodded when one of the girls asked him. "Good. Can you take her to the nurse? We are busy practicing, and we really need her back in shape as fast as we can." 

Brick smiled slowly and nodded, before walking out of the gymnasium. Momoko looked up at him. "Why are you doing this?" She asked. Brick thought about it. Why did he help her? "Because you look like someone I know. And since I didn't really make a good first impression on you, I thought I could help you out now." Momoko tensed a bit in his arms as they got to the nurse's office. She wondered if the girl Brick was talking about was her, in superhero form.

Brick kicked the door to the nurse's office open and walked in. Momoko ended up on a bed while Brick turned to the nurse, who were mildly shocked about the two of them entering her office. "Hello. And what is the matter with you too?" She asked. Brick pointed to Momoko. "She got hit in the head with a ball and fell down from the top of a pyramid." 

The nurse lifted her eyebrows. "Really. Let's have a look then." While the nurse checked on Momoko, Brick just stood by the door, watching them. He didn't know why he didn't just leave, now that he was done with Momoko. But he had to ask her about the puffs. 

The nurse nodded after a while. "Alright. Looks like you don't have a concussion. You are just a bit dizzy. Hold this bag of ice on your head for a few minutes, and get some good nights sleep. Then you should be good tomorrow morning." Momoko nodded, and the nurse turned back to Brick. "Can you maybe help her get home? Just so she doesn't trip and hit her head further?" Brick didn't know why, but he nodded. "Sure." He said. 

The nurse smiled, when a boy slammed the door open. "I need help. We have a guy out here bleeding nose blood like crazy!" The nurse huffed and followed the boy. "Just stay there for a few more minutes Miss Akatsatsumi, and then you can leave." Momoko nodded, and then the nurse was gone. Brick walked over to Momoko and sat down beside her. "How are you feeling?" He smiled. "Good. It hurts a bit, but not much. I am more interested in why you helped me, and why you are even talking to me now." 

Brick chuckled and scratched his neck. "I don't really know myself. You look like someone I know, and we aren't really good friends and stuff. It's my fault that we are the way we are, but I know I can't do anything about it, so I guess you are some kind of second chance for me." Momoko didn't say anything but guessed who the person was. "So," Momoko said, hopping closer to Brick on the bed. "What do you like to do in the free time?" 

Brick smiled a bit. "Well, I like to play video games, and read comics. I like chocolate and candy, and I play a lot of pranks with my brothers." Momoko smiled when Brick grinned at the thought of being with his brothers. Brick and Momoko talked for a little more. "What about superheroes?" Brick asked. "Well, I like the power puff girls. They are pretty cool. But I don't really want to be one myself. I mean I wanted to before, but now it would just mess with my free time." Brick nodded. "I guess so. You wouldn't be able to play games and eat candy as much then would you?" Momoko grinned. "No, I wouldn't."