Chapter 26

Momoko was dead.

Not really, but she felt dead. Her head hurt, blood was flowing freely from her many wounds, and she was pretty sure her ribs were broken in at least three places. Brick had left her a few minutes ago, saying that he was going to get something. Momoko wasted no time in dragging herself up against a tree, trying to stop herself from passing out from blood loss. Her breath came in ragged short pants, and the pain didn't help her one bit. 

---

Boomer and Butch were taken outside as soon as Miyako and Kaoru got to them, saying that the professor liked his lab the way it was. Boomer had a blast with his new power bat, sending sonic waves up in the air one after another. Butch didn't have as much fun. 

"Are you kidding me?!?!" He shouted, throwing his 'weapon' far away. Kaoru sighed and picked it up. "Suck it up, Butch. I have to wear a skirt. You can damn well use this. It is the weapon meant for you." The green ruff pouted and snatched the dark green flute back. "But really? A flute? What can I possibly do with this?!" 

Boomer laughed and sent another wave in the air before walking over to his brother. "Come on Butch. Just try it." Miykako smiled and nodded. "Yeah. The white z-ray is powerful. It would not give you a useless weapon." With a large sight Butch got up and walked a couple of steps away from the rest, before playing the flute. 

To Butch, a soft tone came out. He nodded. "Okay, so I apparently got a hidden talent for music. Who knew?" Unknown to him, the rest had heard the worst sound possible, making their ears hurt a great deal. "BUTCH?!" Kaoru screamed, since her hearing was pretty much messed up. Said boy turned around. "What? Why are you screaming, and what's with your ears?" 

Kaoru growled and hit him upside the head. "You idiot! Do you have any idea how horrible that sound you just  made was?!" Butch shrugged. "Nope. But, the important question is, can I use it as a weapon?" Kaoru gave him an unimpressed look. 

Soon the two brothers were flying over the city, sometimes dropping a few feet before getting back up. "Oh God!" Miyako says once more when Boomer drops a few feet. "Are you sure about this Boomer?" She said in the comunicator. 

Boomer just nodded. "Yeah Miya. I'm fine." Butch flew over the park laughing. "You suck at this Boom." Boomer was just about to say something back when Butch suddenly stopped. "Hey, you guys hear that?" He asked, looking around. "What are you talking about?" Kaoru said from her spot in the portable yellow lab, watching him on the monitor. 

"I just heard this noise. Like, someone crying and breathing hard." Kaoru looked over to Miyako. "Did we ever check if we had super hearing?" 

The proffesor thought about it. "You might not have it. But the boys aren't like you, since they were made rather than born. But we should check it out either way." Butch nodded and tried landing in the park, only to end up in the pond, face first. 

---

Brick had returned to an empty clearing. Not that he didn't see it coming. He knew that Momoko would be able to get away, no matter the pain. So he simply flew up in the air to look for her. 

He didn't catch sight of her trail untill he was at the edge of the forest, almost at the park. He cursed, landed, and followed the blood on foot. He saw a figure leaning against a tree and immediatly went for a kick. 

He was expecting Momoko to cry out in pain and tumble to the ground. What he didn't expect was his brother Butch to stop his foot and jump away, being dressed in an outfit similar to himself. 

"Butch?" Brick said, willing himself to not attack his brother again, first getting an explanation. "Yeah Brick." Butch said, rubbing his neck. "What are you doing? Where did you get Buttercup's power belt? And why are you even here?"

Butch looked around, seemingly looking for an answer before sighing. "Well. That is kind of a long story. Would you mind coming with me for a second?" Butch kicked of the ground and started flying up. Brick had no idea what Butch was doing, so he simply followed his brother. 

Butch flew fast, not daring to look behind him, hoping that Brick would follow him. They flew to an abandoned warehouse. Butch walked right in, waving for Brick to follow. Seeing no other thing to do, Brick followed his brother. The warehouse was dark and empty, the only light shining from the windows. "Butch. What the hell is going on with you? You are acting weird."

"No Brick. You are the one acting weird." Butch said, turning to face his brother. "Why did you kidnap Momoko? Why did you hurt her with your new stolen power? Why did you just leave me and Boomer?" Butch had his fists clenched at his sides, trying to not shout at his brother.

Brick ust rolled his eyes. "Butch. You stole that power belt just like me, so why are you telling me what is right? And besides, Momoko is Blossom. You know that. I am just getting some sweet pay-back from all the times those stupid girls took us down. Are you even aware of the people we have been with for the last weeks? Heroes."

Brick looked around the warehouse, not seeing anything out of the ordinary. "But Brick." Butch said. "Boomer and I forgave Momoko, Miyako and Kaoru. Why can't you as well?" Butch followed Brick with his eyes, keeping an eye on him so he didn't take of suddenly.

Brick laughed. "Why would I show mercy to the girls that beat us up when we were trying to survive? They made our lifes hell, so the least I can do is hurt them so they can feel the pain we had to endure." The look in Brick's eyes were evil, the usually dark red irises glowing blood red. "I will make them pay for their actions. No matter who stands in my way. First Blossom. And then, when I find Boomer and get his new power belt, I can go after Bubbles and Buttercup. Then I can take care of them forever. And once they are gone, there won't a thing standing in my way to take over this stupid town, and then the world."  

Butch watched his brother mutter to himself, his eyes glowing and mouth twisted into a dark grin. "I'm sorry bro. I can't let you hurt my girl." Brick turned to Butch. The green ruff had his flute out, standing in a defensive position. "BOOMER! NOW!"