Patience

She's far from anyone else I've ever encountered.
Her personality is extraordinary.
Her beauty is unmatched. She sees flaws in herself but I dismiss them as simply blemishes I can help clear up.
Her hearts fucked & so is mine. But she wants to wait for me no matter the time.
Why I don't know. She's broken. I'm broken.
How on earth could we possibly fix each other?
I'm still lost in my head & heart's desires.
Yet her heart is set on mines.
A lone man to leave a trail of destruction with every encounter with a new heart.
More damage caused. Another blow to the mind.
How on earth am I not a fuck up?
I don't deserve her yet she pursues me.
Assures me that she sees the gem inside this mountain of dirt. How? Again I don't know.
Scared to open up. Scared to tear another down.
Torn down myself & run down by stress of wanting mental and physical wealth.
She confides that no matter who all is after her, her eyes are set on mines.
Do I take this leap? I might fall but is the fall worth it?
Or will I come up short? Alone again? Worthless?
Constant thoughts inside my head haunting any pursuit of happiness and affection I have in sight or mind.
But who am I to deny her?
So I make the first step.. Hoping this time isn't merely like the rest..