CHAPTER TWELVE

It was already around noon but I still don't want to get up and eat no matter how many times Nanay Letty tried to dragged me out.  I just want to sleep or maybe fall into a coma or just have an amnesia so I will forget everything that happened in my miserable life.  After hearing those words last night, I fell into a total breakdown.  Brylle came back to my room and when he saw me, he just simply hugged me so tightly and we both cried our hearts out.  No words being spoken, but we both know that we understand each other's feeling that time. 

I didn't ask him again about him being thrown into the jail but I have a pretty good idea that it's because of him being in distressed, just like me.  I know he have forgiven me, and he promised me to never treat me like that again. 

"Ate, will you haul your ass up and eat something?  Mopping all day doesn't changed anything, and you know we have to go to the grocery because you are going to cook a lot of dish tomorrow.  My birthday, remember?"  He said sarcastically with raised brows.  I suddenly sat up and groan before dragging myself to clean up.

"Shit!"  He just laugh at me when I almost trip on my way to the bathroom.  I then. showered,  brush my teeth, brush my hair and change into something comfortable.  I was out in my room in just 15 minutes and run towards the kitchen to grab something to eat.  My stomach is grumbling since I didn't have breakfast.

"C'mon Brylle!  Let's go get those grocery done."  I called him after I finished eating my food in a hurry.  We then headed to the car and pulled up to the grocery store.

We grab all that we need and even included more for the following week's budget.  After a couple of hours roaming around the grocery store, I left Brylle on his own for a while to look for a gift.  There were a lot of stores and boutiques nearby so I roam around to find something that suits him.  I passed by the toy area and saw a big robot in the pile.  I stared at it for a moment before slowly grabbing it and suddenly images flashes my mind and I feel a lump form in my throat. 

I don't know how long I just stand there, staring at the robot while images flashes before me, but suddenly, I was pulled out from my stiffness when a kid bump into me and I almost threw the robot.  I immediately put it back and look at the kid that somehow stopped running and was staring at me with worry and fear in his eyes.

"Miss, I am so sorry, I did not intend to bump on you, please don't cry."  He said worriedly.

I was confuse for a moment then put my hand in my cheek and that's when I realized that a few tears has made its way on my face with me not noticing it.  I am crying.  Fuck!  I suddenly wipe my face and smile at the kid.

"It's ok kiddo.  Nothing to worry about, I am fine."  I give him a pat on his head and smile assuredly to him.  He smile back and open his mouth to say something but was interrupted by his mother looking for him.

"Oh there you are li'l man!  What are you doing roaming around here?"  She exclaimed, then she noticed me looking at them, her eyes widened with worry, "oh my gosh!  Did he bother you or something miss?  I knew he's a little annoying at time," she said with a hint of panic.

"No...no, he didn't!  Don't worry, we kind of just have a little chat, right buddy?"  I then smiled at the boy warmly.  He smile too and nodded.

"Yeah right.  Well, it's nice meeting you miss...ah," he paused, and look at me expectantly.

"Ash, you call me Ash."  I smiled at him knowingly.

"Right, it's nice meeting you Ash.  Don't be sad now, yeah?  A beautiful face like yours should only wear a beautiful smile, not a sad and teary eyes," he said like a grown up man and winked at me.  I can't help but chuckle at his words.  This kid will surely be a ladies man one day, he has way with words for a kid his age.

"Oh gosh!  You surely know how to charm girls young man!"  I chuckled again when his face redden, then pinch his cheeks.  "Thanks for making me smile though.  You made my day..." now it's my turn to pause and look at him expectantly.

"Kyle, you can call me Kyle," he answered knowingly and extend his hand for a handshake, though I think that was already a bit late, I shook his hand nonetheless.

"Alright, Kyle, thanks for making my day.  I need to go though, my brother's already waiting for me somewhere."  I smile at Kyle then turn look at his mom who was silently observing our little chitchat.  "I'm sorry for taking much of your time ma'am, I'll best be going."  I commented shyly and slightly bow my head.

"No worries, I'm just glad my kid made you smile in some way.  He's right though, that beautiful face deserves to smile more often."  I was left dumbfounded with her words. 

They both then stalk away and Kyle look back at me, he waive and then wink before walking straight to his mom.  I shake my head with a smile in my lips.  I then look at the robot one last time before heading back to my brother.  I'm sure he's been looking for me now. 

But before going to him, I stop at a jewellry shop and bought him a watch, it's sporty and classic at the same time.  I think it fits him.  After paying, I headed outside the shop to look for Brylle.  I look down at my watch to see that I've been gone quite long enough to worry or piss him off, either way, I know he's looking for me now. 

Before I fully look straight, I bump to someone again, but a bit hard this time I almost fall back on my butt, but before I hit the floor, I was pulled back abruptly by the arms which made me gasp and cursed in shock.

"What the fuck!"  I was a bit disoriented due to sudden and abrupt movements.  I shake my head and look up to the person whose hands still holding me gently by my arms, ready to lash out.

"You fucking ass...", and suddenly gaped my mouth open for a second before exclaiming.

"Travis?!"

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Here's an update which I know was long overdue.  Sorry to those who read this story if I keep you wait for too long.  I was busy job hunting right now and I was also in need of inspiration to keep me going with this story. 

Though I already have all the plot of this story planned out, even upto the end, but most of the time I find it too difficult to write and arranged the story as I want it to be.  But I'm trying people.  I just hope I didn't bore you to death with those chapters.

One more chapter of Ashleigh and Brylle, then we are heading to Ashleigh and Jace.  From then on, the Guy Next Window will be define.  So watch out for it guys! 

Please, please don't hesitate to vote, comment and share this story.  I need those to keep me going...Mwuaah! Mwuaah! 😘😘

❤RL