CHAPTER SIX

Dedicated to Selenophile77 for encouraging me to update...thank you! Hope you like this chapter as well...😊

◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈

It has been a week since my encounter with Travis and also the day I told Mr. Ford everything. He tried to approach me on some occasion but I always found ways to escape myself from him. I don't exactly know why I did such, but all I know is that I'm afraid of myself when he was around.

That night at the park when I suddenly unclenched his fist, I didn't realize I did that until I looked at his surprised expression. All I remember that moment was the feeling of wanting to comfort him. I hate seeing him angry and without farther thought, I reached his hand, mindless with the effect he has on me.

When he entwined his fingers with mine, I felt tingles running inside me, sending shivers down at me but at the same time warmth my heart. It felt good lacing my fingers with his. It felt perfect and I feel like our hands are made for each other.

I hadn't got any sleep that night thinking just that, but when it seems hard for me to forget the feeling of holding him, and when things got worst just by wanting to hold his hand again, that makes me scared shitless. Like the coward that I always am, I decided to stay away from him for as long as I can and let my walls back up again, stronger this time.

As much as possible, I avoided getting too attach to anybody except Lizzy. We've been friends since we were in diapers. She knows everything about me and my issues, and having her by my side upto now was a lifetime debt of gratitude I owe to her.

My life was a mess. It still is and I think I'm coping until someone make me feel something again, Mr. Ford. I can't let him get through me or anybody else for that matter. His intense gaze, stolen but subtle glances, his effort to talk to me when I tried to avoid him even during classes makes me feel like running away. It's just that, I don't know where I'll be running, either away from him or away from my defences. I've known him for a few weeks and yet he has already imprinted in my mind. I can't seem to get him out of my mind.

Since my mind was too busy wandering off, I hadn't notice the figure that loom over me to where I am seated at the school backyard until he spoke.

"I'm sorry for what I said", he said softly, then sit down beside me while also looking at the trees and flowers in front of us. My heart automatically reacted at his presence that it almost leap out of my chest due to its erratic beating. I know I can't escape him now, and the fact that he was nearer at the door than me make it hopeless.

I sigh and decided to just talk to him but not before I slip back to my brick wall temple. "It's ok, in fact, I should be the one to apologize for acting that way. I just don't like talking about that particular season." I said with enough strength so not to break my facade. Talking about it and knowing that there'll only be a week more before everyone celebrates Christmas, it sucks. Really, really sucks.

"Nah, no worries", he replied lightly before looking at me. I felt my cheeks burnt slightly with his intense gaze and I notice his fingers twitch.

Does he want to touch me? Hold my hand perhaps? Does he feel what I felt when we're near each other? Oh gosh, I hope he'll hold my hand and....shit! I am not supposed to get close to him and yet that's what I am thinking? Idiot!

"Why did you avoided me? Did I do something wrong? Are you alright?" I was caught off guard with his sudden question and there's a hint of desperation and worry in his voice that makes my stupid heart flutter.

"No, there's nothing wrong. I uh...I'm just kind of off lately." I look down at my lap and fiddle with the loose thread of my ripped jeans at the knee. "I always hate this month. I uh...there's a lot of things on my mind right now that I prefer to be left alone", I said quietly then silently scolding myself for giving too much information.