CHAPTER FOUR

Thank you to @quickie84 for being my 1st reader and of course, for being so supportive of me...Thank you Ate Cheng for being a friend and a sister to me.  Mwuaah! 😘

◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆

Throughout the week, Ashleigh hadn't cross path with Travis.  She doesn't know if she should get worried about it or not considering his threat and how angry he was at her.  Lizzy discreetly nudge her on their class with Mr. Ford, whispering words that make her face redden a little.  He doesn't talk to her since aside class related topics but she always caught his gaze on her every now and then.  There was something in his eyes whenever they met their gaze that unnerve her.

Tonight though, she's not sure if she can face him or not.  He is at the diner where she and Lizzy works.

"Ash, can you please get the customer at table 5?" Her co-worker Trixie called.

"Uhm...sure,"  she replied quietly, nervous of the fact that she will be going to see her prof outside uni.  Hiding her nervousness and a little excitement, she walk assuredly to where table 5 is with her pen and notepad ready in hand.

"Good evening sir, welcome to Maeve's Diner, can I--", she was cut off by his voice.

"Ashleigh? You work here?" He looked surprise seeing her and she was taken aback by the smile she saw on him.

Damn.  Isn't he sexy with those gorgeous smile?  He look more handsome and oh so damn hot!  I think I'm going to drop my under -

"Hey Ash! Are you alright?Mr. Ford cut her thoughts and she blushed when she she saw the smirk in those luscious lips.

"Uhm, yeah...I'm ok.  So, what can I get you sir?"  She asked, totally uncomfortable and concious with her appearance.  He looked at her subtly with glint in his eyes that makes her blush even more and felt so awkward.

"Well, you haven't answered my question," he replied with a hint of playfulness in his tone.

"Oh! Do I still have to?  I thought it was already obvious?  I'm wearing their uniform with their logo in it.  Isn't that answer enough sir?" She answered sarcastically and feign annoyance to cover up her embarrassment.

He chuckled lightly and shake his head with her answer.  She asked again about his order and left abruptly once he's done. 

She tried to avoid looking at him after she put his orders on the table and hope that he will make it fast and leave.  Lizzy is bugging her what she and Mr. Ford was talking about but she simply ignored her and pretend that she is busy.  When he was about to pay though, her idiot of a friend push her towards his table to give the bill which earned Lizzy a deadly glare from her.

"Here's your bill sir", she gave him the bill but instead of taking it, he hold her wrist gently and her heart beat faster than normal.

"So, what's the deal between you and Travis?  And no, don't try to say nothing because I saw you slapped him hard.  Damn, that must hurt like a bitch!" He exclaimed and she saw those heart dropping smile again. "So? Care to enlighten me a little?" He asked again after a few seconds and this time, she can't help but feel irritated because of his intrusion.

"Mr. Ford, Travis is a dick that's why I slapped him, that's all." She saw him raised his brow and looked at her intently, trying to figure out if she was telling the truth which irritate her but tried to appear casual infront of him. "I don't know why you're so interested in knowing what Travis and I had, but one thing I sure know, it's none of your business sir.  You are just my professor, and my personal life is beyond your business." She added hardly while looking at him with coldness in her eyes.  She always hate people who stick their nose where it does not belong and her prof is not an exception no matter how handsome he is.