Chapter 18

Neytiri POV

"Jessa, Jessa! Wake up!" I shook her shoulders gently.
She groaned.
"My head feels like a drum."
"I already thought of that and have some painkillers, here take it."
"Thanks."
"So let's get you ready for your first kill. Excited?"
"Yeah and nervous."
"Don't worry, everything will be fine."
She smiled and nodded.
"Okay eat something and meet me outside at the tree of souls."
I walked out and saw Tsu'tey in the distance coming this way.
'Oh no Jessa can't use that right now. She's too nervous and it isn't good for her to get distracted now.'
He saw me and stopped in front of me.
"Neytiri? How's she feeling? Is she ready for her first kill?"
"She can't see you right now, you will just distract her. And not in the positive way after what you did."
"What do you mean?"
"She showed us what she saw."
"And what would that be?"
"You, kissing Leadrieth!"
He looked at me dumbfounded.
"Wha-... she saw that? he stammered.
"Yes and with that you broke her heart", I said angrily, "how can't you feel guilty? She loved you, from the deepest place in her heart. But you had to decide to first play with her and then break her in most awful way. If you ask me, I wouldn't wonder if she would pay back."

He was really testing my nerves now. But before I could really burst out with my anger, Jessa came slowly out of her hut and walked in our direction. When she saw Tsu'tey standing with me, I saw a short flicker of sadness in her eyes. But that didn't last even two seconds before she straightened and walked to us with a cold look in her eyes. I glanced over to Tsu'tey who looked really hurt.
"Okay Jessa, you ready? Here, your bow and arrows. Let's go."
I lead her into the forest.
"Okay, now it's up to you. Make your first kill."

Roxy's POV

I searched for any clues of an animal. And fate had to add rain of course. But my luck didn't change a bit. An hour after reading tracks and listening. I finally found a Hexapede. It didn't notice us as we were crawling behind the plants. I slowly pulled the string of my bow back. The Hexapede suddenly looked up and in the same moment I let the arrow strike the animal, which then fell to it's side, still alive. I dashed forward and pulled my dagger out of the sheath. Then I pushed it into its heart and murmured a prayer for its soul.
"It's a clean kill. You're ready."
"I am?"
Neytiri nodded. I smiled.
"Thank you."
"Let's celebrate. And tomorrow we go choose our ikrans."
"Okay, party time", I laughed.
We went back to the provisional village were Jake already waited. He jumped up when he saw us came our way directly.
"And? How did it go?"
"I got a clean kill", I yelled excited.
"Congrats Roxey bear. I'm proud of you. And I will say that again tomorrow when you come back with your ikran. Don't say you can't because you're my sister and I have faith in your skills."
"Thank you Jake. So how do we celebrate?"
"We could ride to Norm and do something there."
"And we could see how far the development of his Avatar is?"
Jake nodded.
"What are we waiting for?"
"First we muss report your success to my mother", Neytiri said and grabbed my hand.
We found Mo'at at the base of the tree of souls. And she was not alone. Tsu'tey was standing in front of her, they were talking and didn't hear us approaching. We caught some phrases of their conversation.
"Mo'at please ...
... don't know what to do ...
... love her ...
... mate ..."
I gasped at the last word I caught. He was probably talking about him and his new woman and their mating. My eyes were stinging and my heart crashing in trillions of tiny pieces. I turned with tears rolling, at the same time they turned and noticed us.

No ones POV

Roxy ran and ran until she rushed through her hut's entrance and collapsed crying and sobbing in her hammock.
When she ran, she didn't catch what happened behind her: Tsu'tey, who had seen her crying, wanted to run after her, but was held back by Jake who said angrily:
"No. You've caused enough damage."
Tsu'tey looked back to Mo'at who sighed and motioned for Jake and Neytiri to sit down.
"It isn't like it seemed. He did it for her."
Jake snorted.
"I did it to protect her. Since you mated with Neytiri, some women would do everything to be the only one in my life. Leadrieth, she wanted to catch my eye since you're together. But as she noticed how attracted Jessa and I were, she threatened her life. So I did what I thought was best."
"What you thought best? Do you know how much I wanted to rip you apart when she showed us what she saw ..."
"She showed you?" Mo'at asked.
"Yes, she used telepathy."
"Telepathy? She's very strong", Mo'at said.
"Please let me g to her! You know now why I did this."
"You can but I want you and Jake to be the escort for tomorrow's Iknimaya."
Tsu'tey nodded and walked of quickly. He hurried and reached Roxy's hut shortly after he left the other three. He slowly and quietly entered and to hold back a cry.
In the hammock was laying his love with closed and puffy eyes, a tear-stained face and her right leg and hand hanging out.
"What did I do?" he whispered in broken English.
This sight broke his heart and he immediately developed a feeling of guilt and a need to wake her up and comfort her in any way. But he decided not to and laid down on the fur instead, waiting for the next morning.

___________________________
Eeeeewww, school starts tomorrow for me again.
I hate that.
But that also means I can't update so regularly

*crying*

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭