The Barn House

August POV/Dream

"You know I luv you right?" I asked while staring into her beautiful eyes

"Yea silly and I love you too." She giggled

"Okay." She sat up abruptly on the bed,

"Are you alright?" She asked with a frown

"Yea I was just making sure..."  I said timidly

"Be serious." she said looking at me as if I'd lost my mind

"I'm playin I mean..who wouldn't luv me." I chuckled

"Ruby." she said pointedly

"That's in the past now and you know it..besides she's like a sister to me again..." I said truthfully

"Yeah...what happened between y'all anyway?" she asked me

"That's another story for another time ma."

End of dream

Yasmine POV

For the last few days I've been sleeping in the barn house. No food.

No water. Same clothes I had on from that night. My so called father kicked me out the house.

Well he told me to sleep in here till he came back. It smells like something  died in here.

But hey that's probably me. Might as well be dead. I have school today but I doubt I'll be going.

Just as I said that the door came open and my father threw some clothes at me and told me to get ready for school.

He was about to leave but he stopped at the door.

"I see you have not found IT yet" he said then walked out.

I was wondering what it was but my thoughts were interrupted by a bug climbing on me.

I jumped up and started getting ready. I had to wash myself off with the hose since I still wasn't allowed in the house.

Well you know. Life's great. Right? I don't even know what life is anymore.

Could somebody please tell me. My mom's gone. I'll probably never see her again.

I'll probably never meet my little brother or sister. I'll probably never make it to 18.

I put on my ripped clothes and started walking to school. Of course out of nowhere comes the dude I met at school.

"Hey Yaz!" he greets

"Please don't call me that." he nodded

"Sooo you need a ride?"
I stopped walking then he stopped his car.

"Look I don't mean to be rude or anything but I don't want to get in trouble with your girlfriend so could you please just stop talking to me."

"Kela is not going to do anything to you I just wanna help you." he said looking into my eyes. I felt vulnerable. Like he knew all of my secrets just from that glance into my soul. I am nobody's charity case.

"Well maybe I don't want any help!"

As soon as I said that I started breaking down slowly. I just yelled.