Chapter IX

YGC Tower

Budapest, Hungary

Juno looked at the golden sign engraved on the glass door.

GEORGINA YOSHIZAKI

Chief Operating Officer

Yoshizaki Group of Companies

Hungary Office

She knocked and entered. She saw George on her rotten, broken state. Hair in a mess, eyes in black circles, skin as pale as a ghost. She's staring desperately on her laptop, to a pile of documents, then back. Her table is topsy turvy with used and unused coffee mugs, bottle of empty wines and instant noodle cups. Juno picked up the pieces of trash on the floor.  That's when she finally noticed her.

" What are you doing here? You didn't knock." She said, without looking at her.

" I did" She put the trash on the bin and continued cleaning the table. " I come to bring you this." She handed a black folder to George.

" What's this?"

" See it for yourself"

She opened it.  For more than a minute of scanning its contents, George tossed the folder aside, stood up and walked towards the glass window. She could see the whole Budapest below, the busy streets, the old and new buildings. The YGC Tower, with its 258 floors, is one of the tallest buildings in the country, if not, in all of Europe. Its the center of all the business affairs of the Yoshizaki clan all throughout the continent.

" Why are you showing me these?" She asked. Her eyes empty. " You know these things will not make me feel any better about myself!" she shouted. Her eyes now moist with the tears that are about to drop. " I'm a horrible person Juno, a murderer, nothing can change that"

Juno stopped what she is doing and sighed.

" I'm not trying to make you feel better, only you can change that. I'm just trying to make you forget and finally move on." Juno explained desperately.

" I am moving on" George whispered, she knows it wasn't true.

Juno hissed. " Yes, for six years you've made YGC one of the best group of companies in the world, and made the major and minor stockholders even richer, but that's not the point George! look at you, for six years, you've ruined yourself!"

Juno opened the folder and scattered the documents on the table. Those were photographs, police records, newspaper clippings about the man she killed on her 18th birthday, those show what a horrendous criminal he was.

"He's a pedophile, a torturous serial killer, rapist, a monster. He could've made much more horror if you didn't kill him." She took a deep breath. As if everything that she wanted to say have been said. "It was the best thing to do George. And if you didn't, I was ready to gladly kill him myself" She gathered all the trash on George's table and put it in the bin. " And to make you feel JUST a little better, he didn't have a family."

George sat down on her swivel chair, taking deep breaths, massaging her aching and confused head. " For six years, I've been living in guilt for  killing a man who didn't deserve to live."

" Fix yourself George, your father is waiting for us in Istanbul." Juno went ahead.

George grabbed the phone and called her secretary.