Chapter XIV

Hanna doesn't have the face to talk to Yuan. It's been two weeks since her Father spilled the beans and she never went to the bakery since then. Her parents told her everything and there's nothing she can do but to accept it. She thinks it's time for her to stop playing around and do something significant for her family. She accepted a nursing job in New York with the help of her Aunt Lydia. She's packing things now. But she knows she needed to talk to Yuan.

She made several little steps to the bakery. It's just a few yards away but going there seemed to be forever for her. She saw Yuan and his siblings packing things up, and it tears her heart apart.

" Y-yuan?" She softly called him. Yuan stopped putting things in a box, stood up and looked at her.

"Hanna?" he grinned. Hanna saw his charming chinky eyes and irresistible smile. " You came, we thought we wouldn't be able to see you before we leave".

" Y-yuan, I- uhm" She's stammering while thinking of what to say. " I'm sorry, for everything, that company left my Father no choice but to sell this place, Mama's sick and-

" Hanna," Yuan stopped what she was about to say. " Your Father told me everything, and neither of you have nothing to be sorry about. In fact, I want to thank him for helping us look for a place to stay."

" God, Yuan stop being so nice already." Hanna smiled bitterly She would miss him, Maya and Cj.

" Ate Hanna?Cj called. He hugged him.

" Bye Ate, we will miss you! Don't forget our pasalubong when you come back from New York!" Cj said, excitedly.

" Of course Cj" Hanna wiped her tears and smiled at him. " Where's Maya?"

Yuan answered her. " She's in her friend's house, she said she needed to get some things."

"Uh, how's you're new apartment?"

"  It's not really far from here. It's smaller but at least there's space for a bakery."

He said, trying to sound okay.

Hanna couldn't help but feel sad about it. It was so obvious that Yuan is trying to comfort her.

" Hanna, really, we're okay. Everything's gonna be okay. We will have to adjust to our new environment but at least Maya and Cj wouldn't need to transfer school"

He explained.

Hanna couldn't listen to his lies anymore. She knows it would be really hard for him, starting the bakeshop from scratch all over again, on his own, with so little savings." I really wish I could help, Yuan, maybe I could postpone my flight schedule and help you put up the bakery and-"

" You don't need to do that Hanna, you've been a big help to us since grandpa died and we thank you for that, but it's time for you to find your own happiness and success in life."

"Is he throwing me out of their lives? is this is it?" Hanna sighed. Maybe.

" Bye Hanna, take of your self and" Yuan said sincerely. " and maybe you'll find what you're lookin for in New York".

Hanna walked nearer and hugged him. Her head just reached his shoulder.

" Bye Yuan."

She turned around and leave. Tears running down her face. Good thing Yuan will never be able to see it.

Maya's one-hour wait at the gate of Imperial Condominiums paid off when she finally saw a black Hummer entered. Wearing the university's uniform and a bright smile helped her get inside the building. The guards just assumed she's a guest.

George regally walked on the lobby, her black stilletos made a thumping sound on the floor. Juno and her men follow.

" Hey! you super-spoiled rich brat!" Maya called George. Juno and the bodyguards stop when they hear someone shouts behind them. " Alright! just pretend you didn't hear me you insensitive piece of shit!" Maya lets her heart out. She saw the redhead looked at her with definite anger. Maya didn't stop there, she walked even nearer and threw her bag at the woman she only knew as Ms. Yoshizaki, the one responsible for making their lives even more miserable. But the redhead was fast enough to catch her bag, and threw it back to her. Maya lost her balance and fell.

George turned around to see what's going on. She heard someone cursing and shouting but she didn't think it was for her. " No one would ever dare."

With Juno's command, the bodyguards took Maya by the hands and dragged her. Juno pulls her hair angrily and strongly that Maya shouts with pain.

" Juno, what is it?"

Juno took her hand off and sighed, letting her patience in.

" This foolish girl just had the guts to call you stupid things" She said calmly, fixing her crumpled uniform.

George walked towards the girl.

"Let her go" George ordered her men. She suddenly got curious of her bravery.

Maya hissed at the men and even hit them with her bag. George is actually amazed with what she did and laughed. But she stopped, and noticed the girl's too familiar eyes.

" You find it funny, you thick-skinned, ruthless woman, you find all these funny?" She walked towards George and fixed her enraged eyes at her. " Making people's lives miserable is an entertainment for rich, spoiled women like you, ain't it?"

George is not really listening of what she's saying, her thoughts are occupied with the girl's chinky eyes, cute nose, and jet-black braided hair. Everything's just familiar to her. Ten years have passed but she would never forget Maya's favorite hairdo, and face that really looks like Yuan

" Whooa! don't tell me you got hit by that?" Maya muttered when she didn't get a response from the woman in front of her.

" And when you're at it, then maybe you could think of not taking the bakery from us anymore, right?" She said softly, and then laughed insanely of what she said. " Oh my gosh! what am I thinking? I'm so funny! of course you won't." Then a sad smile appeared on her face. " People like you just don't really care."

Then Maya walked away.

" Hey, w-wait!" Everybody around her was surprised when George finally spoke.

" What? is she condering?" Maya asked herself and turned. " Now what?"

" W-what is your name?" George asked.

" Huh? for what? you'd make up stories and accuse me of anything so I can go to jail?" She said. " Oh my! I never thought of that, what if she actually do it? I am so dead!"

George grabbed the girl's shoulder and looked at her intently.  " You're testing my patience.I'll ask you ONE MORE TIME. WHAT. IS. YOUR. NAME?

Maya, for the first time, actually regrets of coming to this place. " Hey, you're hurting me! Let me go!"

" Answer me!"

" Okay fine! relax! I'm MARGARETTE YASMIN SALAS."

George is stunned of what she heard and quickly loosened her grip.

" Ouch! That hurts. Okay, can I go now? bye!"

" M-maya?"

Maya stopped walking and turned again.

" What? Why, why did you call me Maya? Do you know me?? Who are you?"

George blinked as if coming back to life.

" N-nothing." She whispered.

" Uh, okay! Bye!"

Maya ran for her life and stopped when she got near the bakery. She planned on talking to that woman, begging her to not take the place but instead she let her emotions took over. Good thing that Ms. Yoshizaki didn't take her to jail. "Whew! that was close!"

--------

Next chapter, what will happen when George and Yuan finally meet?

Gosh! ( kilig! )

Leave a comment! Add this to your reading list guyz.