Chapter XVII

Juno handed her a small black envelope sealed with a YGC logo in gold wax. George opened it.

Yoshizaki Clan Annual Reunion

March 30, 2019

1900 hours

YGC Grand Hotel and Casino

Las Vegas, Nevada

George just stared at it, unwilling, uninterested. She looked at the time and quickly grabbed her bag and coat. It's the coffee shop's grand opening.

Everybody gazed at her as she opened the glass door, bewildered. The whole neighborhood are in there, Yuan's friends, Quintin, and some of Maya's friends are enjoying their free cup of coffee. George could also recognize the faces of some of her employees. She just nods at them. She wanted to smile but hesitated. She looks around. " Where is he?"

" Ate George!"

" Cj"

" Ate let's go, kuya is waiting."

George could smell the delicious scent of bread and brewed coffee in the kitchen. Yuan grinned the moment he saw her. He has this heaven-sent grin that could melt ice-cold hearts. She swallowed a small lump in her throat in attempt to smile, nothing came up, she is really not used to this. She looked away as if checking the room.

" George hey, try this"

Her eyes widen when Yuan put something in her mouth. She annoyingly chewed it but liked the taste.

" hmm, what's this?"

"It's what I call George siopao."

"What?!" what the hell is he talking about?

"uhm its ham and cheese siopao" he replied shyly, smiling.

" uh, ok"

George went home with lots of Yuan's siopao, ate it for dinner and made a mental note to extend her taekwando and jujitso practice for calorie burning.

Yoshizaki Clan Annual Reunion
YGC Grand Hotel and Casino
Las Vegas, Nevada

She's wearing a long feathered black gown made by Donatella Versace. Her bare back is uncovered, exposing her alluringly attractive dragon tattoo. Everyone was almost done eating and partying when she arrived. Of course, it was all for a grand entrance she deserves. She doesn't like partying with these miserable people who were made rich by having a Yoshizaki somewhere in their names. She represents her father who's in a business trip in Maldives. She walked directly at the long table where the leaders are seated, ignoring everybody's looks of amazement. "So pathetic"

"Good evening." She casually greeted them.
"Good evening George" Felicia, Sochiro's cousin spoke. She's in charge with the wine and spice smuggling from Spain to other parts of the world. She looks like a middle-aged latina prostitute she saw in the movies.

"How's everything in the Philippines?" Kim Rae Hoon, head of the Seoul Banking Corporation, asked. She's at her late 40's but looks a lot younger. George call it Bautyneering. Beauty plus engineering.
"Lovely, Ms. Kim. You should visit the beaches, you need a tan!" George answered. She reports only to her father.

She composed herself and asked. " I'm here in and on behalf of my father. He would like you to enjoy this evening even without his presence."

She looked at the well-built british man in his 30's, a diplomat, lawyer and accountant. He looks a bit nervous despite his good looks. Kim has been eyeing him for a while.
" Mr. Grant Davidson, its nice to finally meet you"
" Nice to meet you too Ms. Georgina Yoshizaki."
" How's the twin?"
" Prix and Margaux are doing fine Miss. They're in a boarding school in Luxembourg"
Grant represents the son and daughter of Sochiro's one and only sister Erin, who married a british. The couple died in a car accident, while the children, at age 4 luckilly survived. They will inherit a large shares of stocks from YGC.
"Thank you, my father is much more concerned of their safety so please hire more competent body guards for them."
" Yes, Ms. Yoshizaki."

George looked at the entrance as the doors of the function hall opened. Juno and the bodyguards who are fully armed rush towards her. The men surround the table and aim their guns to each one of the leader. Everyone went scared and shocked.
" Juno?" George asked, confused.

Juno whispered something to her.

"Sochiro-sama was shot in Shanghai, he's at the hospital right now. We suspect its a foul play"

George couldn't believe what she just heard.
"No! What happened?! How is he?"

"We have to hurry George, the chopper is ready"

George nods and turned her worried and angry eyes to the people around. She jumped up the table and pulled her blade out. Its sharpness shines.

"Georgina sama please calm down. We know nothing about this!"

" Your father has lots of enemies, the government, the other clans!"
They all panicked, the last thing they need is her rage.

"Shut up!" George shouted.

"To anyone of you who is just stupid enough to do it"

She clinched her teeth and emphasized each word. She's walking around, the tip of her katana is scratching the glass table, breaking everything on it and making a painful noise.

"Be ready, I'll be partying on your funeral next!"

George put her sword back and headed to the chopper. She was silently praying and hoping for her father's life. The engine roared and strong wind gushed but she heard nothing.
"George, the doctor just called"
She looked at Juno with terribly worried eyes.
"He's still in a coma"
George clasped her hands around her head like she was in miserable pain.
"Who do you think did this Juno-san? Who the hell did this to my father?!"
Juno looked at her intently.
"It's someone from the Kirin Clan Georgina-Sama!"