Chapter XV

The girl's words echo through her head over and over again.

" spoiled, rich brat"

" insensitive piece of shit"

" think of not taking the bakery..."

" Margarette Yasmin Salas"

With slow, aimless steps, she mindlessly walk past the lobby towards the elevator.

"Georgina, are you alright?" Juno noticed her silence and asked. She pressed 18 on the button. They're heading to George's unit where she'd be staying .

She didn't even hear Juno talking to her. She's thinking of what to do but for the first time, her mind went blank.

" Juno?"

" Yes?"

" I..." George is hesitant of what she would like her to do. The elevator opened and they went out.

" George, what is it? what's bothering you?"

" I want you to check on something, no,

s-someone"

"Who is it?"

George stopped walking. No. She needs to check it out herself. She needs to see him as soon as possible. Without a hint, she ran back to the elevator and pressed the down button. Juno is calling her but she doesn't hear a thing. The elevator door didn't open. She went to the next door but the same thing happened.

" Shit!!" She hates the damn elevator, she hates the old man for signing the papers, she hates Samantha for being an incompetent researcher, she hates herself for being a selfish bitch.

George took the stairs. She's making quick, big steps. She is panting and breathing heavily.  " What if I'm  too late to take this chance to see him? What if they already left, will I ever have the chance to find them again? Does he hate me? Could he even recognize me?"

George stopped thinking when she felt a terrible pain on her feet.  " Ouch! Shit!" She took her black stilletos off and threw it somewhere. " Damn those shoes!"

The guards and the staff stood in awe seeing the Georgina Yoshizaki came down from the stairs, chasing her breath, barefooted. George stopped, raised her eyebrow and gives everyone an i-dont-give-a-damn look. She kept on walking and ran again when she reached the gate.

" What the-"

Maya is way beyond shocked seeing the last person she would wanna see in front of her. In terribly messy bluish hair, dirty all-black clothes and swollen feet. She nearly dropped her box of things.

" W-what the hell are you doing here?" She looked around looking for cops. None. She looked at her again. Confused. " Are you too eager to take this damn place that you even wanna help us pack?"

George frowned. Maya's words somehow hurt her.

" M-maya, I need to tell you something."

" Will you stop calling me Maya?! I don't even know you!" she shouted.

Yuan was busy cleaning and packing the baking equipments when he heard Maya's shouts. He looked through the window but all he could see was her sister's back. He went out to see what's happening.

"Sis, what is it?" Maya turned around.

" N-nothing Kuya. This woman is just too excited to kick us out of this place she even needed to see us packing."

Yuan is dumbfounded of who he thinks he sees in front of him. Almond-shaped japanese eyes that look at him with sadness, recognition, and guilt.

" No, she's not her, we're worlds and ten years apart and I don't think I could see her again".

" Maya, who is she?" He asked his sister anyway. He needs to be sure.

" I don't know, G-something Yoshizaki, I don't really care Kuya, haixt. All I know is that she's the super-crazy rich girl who is about to take this house, our bakery and every little thing we have." Maya put her bag in their rented tricycle and went inside the house.

George held herself together and tries to hide the unusually light and happy feelings that she has already forgotten.

" Yun Anthony, after ten years, we've finally met". She said calmly.

" George?" Yuan asked, with a huge smile on his face. He crossed the distance between them and hugged her tightly.

" I missed you"

George rests her hands on his back. For the first time in ten years, she feels safe and contented in Yuan's warm embrace. They stayed like that for a long while, never having to say nor do anything.

When they finally recover, he looks at her face and held her chin softly as if inspecting her. " George? is this really you? whoa! what are you, a japanese celebrity? How much have you spent for plastic surgery?"

She eyed angrily at him. " What the hell are you saying?" Now she's hitting him with her bare hands.

" Hey! wait!" Yuan grabbed both her hands put them on his waist, and hugged her again. He lovingly strokes her messy hair." I was kidding George, I'm really glad to see you."

George took a deep breath and closed her eyes, savoring the moment.

" Yuan, I need to tell you something."

"  Yeah, what is it?" he asked, without letting go of her. George liked it, she didn't have to look at his eyes directly.

"Uhm, YGC stands for Yoshizaki Group of Companies, we own the Imperial Condominiums and uhm yeah, Maya's right, I bought this place." She finally managed to say. Yuan is listening. George expects him to let her go from that warm embrace, confront her, and get angry with her.

" Uh, okay, then you were running barefooted,  hurt your feet, got yourself dirty because you wanna see me before we leave and ask me my new address?"

George almost laughed out loud for his simple-mindedness. But he was partly right.

"No, Yuan. I came here to tell you that, yeah, I bought this place but I'm not taking it from you."

----------

:-)