CHAPTER XVIII

The ugly yet familiar sent of the hospital lingers in her while she was trying to close her swollen eyes. Its been days since she has back in the Philippines and she hasn't slept at all. She's worried sick for her father who's still in a coma, lying beside her with some hospital tubes injected within his body. The horrible sight makes her want to cry again.

She received a message from Juno wanting to talk to her outside. She unwillingly got up from the couch and talked to Juno. They were in a secluded part of the hospital and no one's around at that wee hour of the night.

" Here is what I got from Shanghai"
Juno handed her an ipad showing a cctv footage of her Father's shooting incident. It was from the restaurant where Sochiro had a meeting with some chinese business partners. The shot came from outside, breaking the glass window and right through her Father's heart. She closed her eyes but not a single tear dropped.
She angrily handed the ipad back to Juno.

"Are those chinese from the Mafia?" She asked Juno referring to the men her father had a meeting with.

" No, they were merely business partners, a trap set for your father"

Her eyes widen with what she heard.
" A trap?! Nantekotta!"

Juno continued.
"They were supposed to meet Hiro-chan, but your Father came instead" Juno said in abrupt words, trying to hide rage and confusion.
George can't help but look at Juno with piercing, judging eyes. Juno looked down as if confirming something.

"And where the hell was Hiro?" George knows Juno and Hiro have constant on-off relationship but she doesn't know how in love these two are. Or are they really in love? Maybe Hiro is just using Juno for his wicked motives, or maybe Juno and Hiro is planning something together. Ugh, her irrational, impatient self  sure has a lot to think about. She quickly grabbed the gun from Juno's belt holster and point it at Juno's head.

"Answer me Juno! where the hell was Hiro?Why was Otousan in Shanghai when he was supposed to be in Maldives?!"

Juno just stared at her blankly.
"We were in Maldives together, Sochiro-sama insisted to attend the meeting instead and allowed us to get married"

What the f*ck did I just hear?
"Nantekotta!" George might have pulled the trigger by then but decided not to since she doesn't want to bury someone while her father is not awake.

Juno heard a thump ringing in her ears as George's slap hardened her cheek. She lost count of how many times she has tasted her own blood, but this time she felt pain, the pain she thinks she deserves.

George felt nothing, not even a slap to Juno could nullify the numbness she feels inside. She sees Juno went down on her knees and bowed

Gomennasai Georgina-sama!"
George was stunned seeing what she thinks she sees. She went to Juno and pulled her black coat off. Her white blouse is stained with blood from what she thinks are whip wounds on her back.
"Tell me what happened?" George whispered.
Juno looked at her with tears in her eyes. Its the first time George saw Juno crying.

"The moment I knew, I tried to stop them but I can't!
"Them? w-who are they?!"
"The Kirin Clan Georgina sama!, Hiro is the only heir of the clan!"

"Juno chan.." George whispered. She called her guards and told them to get Juno treated by one of YGC's trusted doctors.

Yuan looked at her worriedly. With deep, swollen eyes and pale skin George looks dead tired and could fall unconscious any moment.
"George, are you alright?" he asked, holding her hands tightly.
She just looked at him blankly. She badly wants to tell him the truth, that her life is in grave danger and this could be the last time she may see him.

"Of course, I'm just tired with work and all."
She faked a smile and sipped the last drop of coffee in her mug- the only food he could stomach these days.

"Shall I see you tomorrow?" He asked emptilly because he feels otherwise.
"Yes, like I always do"
Yuan pulled her closer and hugged her.
"Promise?"
She did not say a word and just walked away as quickly as she could.
---

Nantekotta- WTF