Chapter XVI

Yuan liked what George said, but he couldn't care less. He'd be more than happy to leave this place if George really needs it. Now that she's finally back, everything will fall into place.

" Uh, okay, but don't you need this lot? I mean I heard you need a wider parking space".

George sighed hearing those words from him, " So he knew". But she didn't hear a hint of remorse nor hatred nor anger from him. Typically Yuan, kind, understanding.

" Not anymore Yuan".

Yuan finally let go of her when he noticed her uneasiness.

" What's wrong?" He asked worriedly.

" N-nothing". She denied. Yuan looked down and saw her bruised toes. He guides her to the nearest seat.

" George, stay there, I'll be back."

Yuan came out from the house holding a clean towel soaked in warm water, and first aid kit. He sat on the ground, put her feet on his lap, and wipes the dirt off. George's eyes widened realizing what Yuan is doing. She felt warm, red blood run through her cheeks. She is blushing.

" Y-yuan, you don't really need to do this."

He just looked at her and smiled. Now, he's applying a providone iodine solution. He stopped when George moved her feet away.

" Yuan stop it."

" It hurts?"

" No, I mean, yeah". George is confused of what she really feels. Usually bruises and wounds don't bother her, she would feel no pain and she would just always leave them untreated. But right now, she feels like a little girl crying over some stupid insect bites. Yuan strongly hold her feet back in place and continued on what he was doing.

" Kuya?! what are you doing?" Maya hissed seeing her brother.

" Hey sis" Yuan stood up and turned to Maya. " This is your ate George, remember her?"

Maya eyed George. She remembers the name but she couldn't recognize the face.

" Huh? Ate? who is she a cousin?" Maya's hopes went high.

Yuan answered her " She's my bestfriend"

" Really Kuya? then maybe" Maya looks at her. " Maybe she could think twice about taking this place away"

" Maya, you can stay here as long as you want,  you're not leaving this place anymore." George answered her.

Maya sighed with relief. " Thank you" she whispered.

" You're welcome"

" So, I think I need to get you some slippers"

Maya went inside joyfully. She was dancing and singing with gladness.

" Uhm, Yuan?"

"Yeah..?"

" Where's Cj?"

" He's still at school. He's in Grade 6 and he's smart".

" Really? just like his kuya".

" You actually thought I'm smart back then?"

" Yes, you were. You were the one who's doing my assignments and school projects and I got perfect scores everytime."

" You remembered that?"

" Of course, I remembered you washing my clothes, cooking for me when Mom was out."

" I think I'd love doing those things again" He murmured.

" What did you say?

" Huh? nothing George! I- I was asking if your toes still hurt".