Chapter 8 - Sakura's Bravery

Chapter 8

"Alexis, we're here. It would be a good idea to put the Genjutsu for you eyes back up now" I groaned "It'll just waste chakra" "Your fine, it barely uses any. You just can't be bothered" I chuckled "Alright!" As soon as the Gentjutsu was up, I noticed we were in the clearing where my team should be resting.

Dante strolled up to the large hollow tree and lay down so I could get off. Slowly but surely I stood up and walked over to my team. Sakura jolted awake, by what I assumed was a little nightmare. She looked around and once her eyes came upon me she glomped me. I flinched, never had someone hugged me except from Dante before.

I was about to pry her off when I noticed small sobs "I-I was so scared.." I looked over to Dante with a 'what do I do?' look. He just shrugged "You could hug back" I then gave him a 'what!' Look, but he ignored me and lay beside Sasuke.

I sighed and wrapped my arms around Sakura's fragile body. "Shh.. It's ok. I'm here now, so your not alone anymore" The sobbing stopped and she pulled back with a small smile on her face. "What happened to Orochimaru" "Oh.. him? Well, he's either burnt alive or fighting Anko" She blinked once, twice, before chuckling.

I sighed and touched the back of my neck. The mark didn't hurt that much, I've been through worse. "Oh my god!" I jumped at the sound of Sakura's voice. "What?" "Y-Your.. arm!" I looked down to what she was pointing at and smirked. "Oh.. yeh, it came off" She got an irk mark "Well Duh! I can see that! But how?" I slid down the side of the tree and touched my right shoulder. The whole arm is gone, right up to the top.

"I blew up a bunch of trees and when they fell, I was in their line of fire. My arm was caught underneath everything so I had to pull it off to get out" She came down and touched the edge. I winced slightly as she came in contact with a sensitive part. She took her arm back "I-I'm sorry, you had to lose your arm for us" I shook my head "No I didn't lose it here. I lost it years ago" "I see.. then does that mean you had a fake arm all along?" I nodded "Yeh, I created a metal arm to take it's place" "..I see.."

We stayed quiet after that conversation until it was almost daybreak. Sakura was falling asleep, but kept herself up. "Sakura, go rest. I'll take care of everything here" "But-" "It's fine. I don't need much sleep. I've still got a lot of strength left" She nodded reluctantly and lay down beside Dante.

Around half an hour passed when the bushes rustled and 3 familiar sound ninja jumped out. "Wake Sasuke up! We want to fight him!" The leader of the group stated. I smirked and stood up, rolling my shoulder and my neck in the process. "Did Orochimaru tell you about our little meeting yet?" He nodded "That's right.. but, what can you do without your right arm? Your a weakling without it!" I chuckled darkly "Tut~tut~tut! Foolish Dosu. Have you not learnt not to underestimate your opponents?"

He growled and in the split second I summoned my Shakujo and launched myself at him, Zaku, however, got in my way and countered with a kunai knife. I spun and kicked him in the side before jumped backwards.

I smirked "Dante! You said you wanted to fight, well.. there's a fight going on right now! Aren't you gonna join in?" I glanced at him through the corner of my eyes and saw him hop my way in excitement. "Oh how I've waited for this day" I scoffed at his comment. "You haven't waited, you've been moaning" "Who cares. Now, who do I get?" I shrugged "I want Dosu.. so, you can take Kin or Zaku. Your choice"

Dante looked to and fro from the two sound ninja and licked his lips sadistically. "I'll take the girl. She looks tasty" Nodding in an 'ok' manor was all it took for him to be on his way. He pounced at Kin and bared his razor sharp teeth. Dante's speed was unimaginable. Wolves took pride in their agility and strength, that goes the same for this one.