Chapter Twenty-Four

Antisepticeye's Point of View:
I listened to Felix's rant about safety, and precautions. He didn't seem to mad about me taking (Y/N) in, but he was obviously pissed about the danger Jack and (Y/N) were in. He didn't care about me. Why should he? I'm merely an evil extension of his best friend.

After he took a second to draw breath, I held up a hand, adjusting my position in my chair by the window. Jack and (Y/N) were playing outside, laughing, and shouting gleefully. "Felix."

"What?"

"Can you take (Y/N) with you?"

Felix stared at me, thinking deeply. I waited, tapping my finger against the table in a slow, rhythmic beat. He slowly sat in his chair, which he had jumped up from in his blind fury. He ran a hand through his blonde hair, then sighed, sitting back. 

"From what I've gathered, she doesn't even have a passport, does she?"

I shifted, looking out to the yard. "No... I can come up with something."

He scowled. "Illegal, I'm assuming."

"How else?" I murmured. (Y/N) ran up to Jack, giggling, then squealing as he scooped her up, spinning in a circle. She said something to Jack, and he laughed. I clenched my fist tightly. "I need to make sure she's safe, Felix. We've never seen eye-to-eye, but I need you to do this. Please."

Felix sighed, then rubbed his face. "Two days. You have two days."

I allowed my shoulders to relax, and smiled softly. "Thank you," I whispered. "You have no idea how much this means to me."

He looked outside, and watched the young girl play with the older man. "Yeah. Sure."

~~~

Driving slowly, I tapped my thumb against the steering wheel nervously. (Y/N) sat in the back seat, bouncing happily, and rambling about various things. I smiled, glancing back at her in the rear view mirror periodically. I pulled up to a stop at Tim's house, then chuckled as (Y/N) practically threw herself out of the car. She sprinted to the door, and knocked. I followed, and placed a hand on her head, waiting. After a few moments, the door opened, revealing that cheerful looking woman yet again. 

She beamed. "Why, hello, (Y/N)! Tim's waiting for you in the kitchen. Go on."

(Y/N) rushed in without a word.

The woman-I've forgotten her name-smiled at me. "She's always so happy, no matter what it seems."

I nodded. "Listen... I need you to keep a careful eye on (Y/N)... please. If you see anyone... suspicious hanging around, call me as soon as you notice anything."

Her smile turned into a worried frown. "Is everything alright-?"

"Yes," I gripped the edge of my sweatshirt, then looked back. "I... I better get going. I'll pick her up before dinner," spinning on my heel, I strode to the car. I could feel her stare at me, then heard the door shut softly. I took in a deep breath, got in the car, then drove off. Once I rounded the bend, I stopped, and turned the key in the ignition off. My grip on the wheel was tight, my knuckles white. I hunched over, gritting my teeth as sobs wracked my body. I knew what was coming eventually... And it scared me. Arching my back, I let out an anguished scream, my whole body aching to take everything back. Everything; my whole life, myself, Jack, and my daughter. It was selfish, but I didn't want to go through this-I didn't want her to go through this, this battle for survival. I couldn't guarantee that she'd make it out, or that I would. 

I sucked in a breath, then started the car again. I wiped my eyes violently, then started off again. No... I'll save her, and make her happy... I promise you that, (Y/N).