Chapter 8

Chapter 8

So where was I?

Why am I hanging in the past tense?

Because I wanted to recollect why was I at the hospital in the first place..

Oh yes I remember this is a conspiracy against me..

By none other than Malhotras.

But why am I letting Malhotras drag me into this?

This is only because of Sia.

The very first day or not so first day when I met her at the restaurant with that egg yolk guy I knew she was trouble.

Yet the daring macho, the knight in shining armor that I am, I volunteered to help her.

I feel like pinching my bloated chest that has broadened by my brave deed and getting back to my own dull and boring life

Life was much better before Sia.

A visual picture of Genelia and me before meeting Sia made me shudder, another date with Genelia and her series of complaints I swear I would have committed suicide.

So well I cannot blame Sia either.

Its like we are trying to save each other.

Therefore when Malhotra family agreed to accept our non-existent relationship they had only one rule for me to be followed.

Hey hey hey don't take it easy..

And don't you dare think that it was an easy escape

Coz it isn't

By one rule, they implied that I had to follow one rule laid by each and every member of the family...

So there were series of rules that I had to agree.

With papa Malhotra's strict rule of having our courtship for at least two years before we finally decide to tie the knots.

Raj started with me not meeting Sia at all which each and every member of the family condemned

Yay! 1 for me 0 for Raj

Then he reduced to dating once in a week which was again cut off by sweetest Moma darling "No that contraceptive my rule." Okay these were her words from English vocabulary that were later corrected by Sia "she means contradicts"

"My rule" her mom exclaimed dreamily "Take her to lots of dates," she swayed her head smiling as she continued "Love her, bring her gifts, flowers and butterflies all that you people in love do"

"Uh huh" a loud cough by gran ma who stopped mom "Have you forgotten me? I'll go first." She said sternly then looking warningly at me.

Probably my scared face might have melted her heart she softened 'I like you and all but if you are to marry my grand daughter" her eyes glued at mine

I squirmed under her experienced gaze, the guilt killing me inside for lying to such a motherly figure.

She however ignored as she continued "No more flirting with girls especially with Sia as your new fiancée" the distaste in her voice at the use of word new evident.

But that was easy, isn't it?

So you are wrong if you and me think alike.

The next words out of her mouth being "I do not want any other girl around 50 m radius from you, no hugging, no kissing and what you guys call these days" she air quoted her fingers, her stance determined in no nonsense way as she continued "especially that witch" "oops!" She giggled as she pressed her mouth due to her slipping.