Chapter 17

Chapter 17

"How was she?" I referred to her mom, still rubbing her temples.

"Very pretty" Sia did not hesitate replying; a very slight twitching of lips close to be a smile appeared on her face as she shared "I have her eyes dark brown. I have her dark wavy hair too. She loved to cook." Sia opened her eye looking at me "I am horrible at it so don't expect."

I smiled; back of her humor meant her headache was gone.

But her talking spree was on.

I guess she enjoyed sharing about her biological parents, which she never got any chance to.

"She was a terrible singer. She would only sing La la lori[a popular Indian Hindi lullaby] for me and I used to wonder why is she trying to scare me. Still the caress of her fingers over my eyebrows would put me to sleep."

Sia held my fingers in her hands holding them and pressing them slightly "I miss her, I miss them." Her voice teary by now, a small line of salty liquid left her closed eyes.

I lifted her from her shoulders and unlike herself she did not rebel.

I pulled her in for a hug and she sniffled slightly "I cannot talk about them to mom and dad, to anyone, they'd be hurt" she miffed on my shoulders "they will think that they are not doing enough though the truth is that they are doing more than that is needed so much that it sometimes chokes the life out of me but still I can't help it, I miss my parents. I do. And I am such a coward I cannot talk about them without ending up crying. Stupid stupid me" she hit herself on her forehead cursing herself.

"Stop. Stop Sia" I cupped her face in both my hands, her wet eyelashes fanning her face, her large eyes curiously waiting for my response

I wasn't that good in such stuff

Honestly I was blank at what I should do.

I simply wiped her tear-stained face with the pad of my thumb and looked at her wondering what I could say to calm such a beauty.

Think something think

"Sia you are a great girl, I am sure your parents would be proud of what you are."

She smiled "How can you say such perfect things at perfect times.'

I might have patted myself the victorious minion speech

But before I could add some more courtesy notes I found that she was leaning much closer, not that was intentional.

You can blame the cushiony soft leather black sofa though

Her face paralleled to mine I could see the tiny beauty spot just below her pink lips that were parted by now, her curious eyes didn't held any humor but they were simply looking at with an emotion which was not the expected gratitude, soft mint breaths of her were wafting my senses and clogging my head, playing with my brain

Yes I wasn't thinking because next I realized my lips were bumped into something silky and soft and sweet and berry and I loved the taste of it.

I loved the feel of it.

Shit I was kissing her

I was kissing my pretended fiancée

All the intelligent instincts in my brain were shouting at me to f##king stop what I was doing.

But my body and lips had a plan of their own, they were simply having the time of their life synchronizing with the beautiful soft ecstatic replica of theirs and when I realized that I was actually kissing her and there was nothing I could do about it,