Chapter 1

My name is Malakai Jade Butler. For a fourteen year old I live a pretty normal life. My life consists of music, bands and the occasional fan fiction. Currently my obsession lies with 5 Seconds Of Summer. A band from the suburbs of Sydney that are starting to over take the world. I first discovered them when I went to the One Direction concert last year. 

I'm a bit much to handle, with all the song lyric references and constant talking about the four piece band. I think that's the reason why a lot of people at school avoid me, but oh well. I live with just my dad and my little brother bailey. My mother left when I was ten, leaving me to become accustomed to being the only girl. Sometimes its hard but I'll never admit to it.

"Malakai!" my dad shouts from the kitchen. I let out a huff, rolling off of my bed and opening my bed room door.

"My rooms literally twenty feet away, lazy arse." I grumbled to myself, before replying to him. "Yes father?" Trying on my sickly sweet voice.

"Sweetheart, we need to talk." He calls and I smack my head against the door frame. He probably wanted to talk to me about the fact that I ditched class last week because I heard that the 5 Second Of Summer boys had arrived in Brisbane.

Rolling my eyes, I took a step out of my room before turning to see my poster covered walls. There was a whole wall dedicated to photos my best friend photo shopped my into with either four of the boys. There was not a single square inch of wall space left. I closed the door slowly and turned into the kitchen where my dad was waiting for me. I pulled out the stool that was at the kitchen bench and sat on it.

"Look, I'm sorry but that band is my l-" I was cut of by dad putting a hand up tell me to be quiet. Taking a deep breath, he the cleared his throat. "Oh my god, it's not about me is it?"

"Malakai." he sighed shaking his head. He poured a glass of water for the two of us. It definitely was not anything to do with me. " I have a new girlfriend and she is coming over tomorrow"

I furrowed my eyebrows together, but then smiled at him. He looked so nervous that I started to feel bad. He's always told me how he feels bad about me not having a mother around, how I have to watch him attempt to replace her. I don't mind though and that is the truth. He just worries too much. "That's great dad, what's her name?" 

"Her name is Liz." he said, taking a sip of the water he had poured for himself

"Does she have any kids?" I asked, my finger tracing circles around the glass cup, making the condensation run down the sides. I was pretty happy about the fact we didn't walk about last week or anything else for that matter.

"Yeah, three boys." he said. "They are a fair bit older than you, though. I'm not sure they will actually want to hang around."

"Oh, well this will be interesting."I said getting up and going back to my room. I laid down on my bed and I started thinking about what was going to happen tomorrow. I wasn't scared or anything I was just thinking, I then dozed off to sleep.

-

edited by fxckpunk