Chapter 2

*The next day*

I was woken up by my dad shaking me awake.

"Malakai wake up. Liz and the boys will be here soon. Hurry up and get ready." My dad yelled from the other side of my door, panic obvious in his voice.

I groaned and sat at the side of my bed with my eyes still closed. I stood up and went into the dining room and grabbed an apple for breakfasts. I then went into my room to look for something to wear. I pulled out my white 5 Seconds Of Summer logo shirt and my black high wasted shorts. I tucked in my shirt and pulled it out a little.

I walked out of my room and threw my apple in the bin and went to go brush my teeth. I then straightened my long brown hair . I went back into my room and put on my 5 Seconds Of Summer beanie and looked at myself in the mirror. I looked pretty good, for once in my life. I sat down on my bed and put my iPod on the dock and played my music. Then there was a knock on my door.

"Malakai they're here." my dad said, opening the door a little giving me a look of worry and threat. Mainly because he wanted me to impress them. "Please take off the merchandise, please?" He begged suddenly realising what I was wearing.

"Thick chance." I smiled falsely, pushing pass him out my door. He looked around at my room before sighing and closing my door. I leaned against the wall with my arms closed. "What are we waiting for?"

"Nothing," he said faintly turning and walking down the hallway towards the kitchen. "Nothing."

I got up and followed him to the lounge room where everyone was sitting. As soon I walked around the corner and into the room I realised why dad didn't want me wearing my merchandise. I couldn't believe who was sitting there on the couch it was no other than Luke Hemmings from 5 Seconds of Summer. My eyes widened and my jaw dropped I looked at my dad and back to Luke and looked at my brother Bailey. I turned around and ran to my room. It took a while to sink in that Luke would be my new Stepbrother. I didn't realize that I zoned out until I hear a knock on the door.

"Who is it?" I asked

"The candy man," the voice chuckled.the same voice I have spent the last year trying to memorise through videos and concerts. "It's - Um - I'm Luke."

I didn't know what to do I didn't want him to see my room. I didn't want him to think I was some crazy girl who obsessed over him and his three best friends. Well which is kind of what I do but I didnt want him knowing that. He would think I was weird just like everyone else on this planet. I snapped out of my thoughts

"Fuck. I guess you can come in, I guess." I said quite scared of what he would think. Realising I was repeating words I wanted to slap myself. Luke walked into my room with wide eyes as he saw all of the pictures. He then looked down at me I looked down at my lap and started to play with my fingers. He looked at my shirt and my beanie.

"So I guess you're a pretty big fan, aye?" he said with a smile.

"Yeah, how can you tell?" I laughed. He just stood there and smiled and I smiled back.

"Can I sit down" he asked pointing to my bed. I nodded my head a little two quickly.

"Of course" I said with a smile.

"Why did you run off before?" He asked looking concerned.

" oh um I got nervous I guess."

He looked at me confused

"Why would you be nervous just because I'm famous doesn't mean I'm not a normal person."

" I know that but wouldn't you be nervous to,if you found out that one of your idols is your Stepbrother." I said raising my voice a little.

"Oh, well I'm sorry" he said looking into my eyes. I forced myself to look away.

"Its okay. " I replied. I honestly not sure what he was apologising for and I didn't have the heart to tell him that he did nothing wrong, because that would most likely lead to me admitting how perfect he is and that our children will me named Charlotte and Austin.

" Oh and I didn't get to catch what your name was." he said with a smile. Dimples appearing in his cheeks. Suddenly I wanted to jump on him and kiss those dimples, I had to force myself to remember he was now going to be part of my family.

"Oh um I'm Malakai but you can call me Mali. I know its a weird name but you will get used to it." He just sat there and nodded.

" I guess we should go back and join them." he said standing up and reaching out his hand to help me off my bed.

-

Edited by fxckpunk