Chapter 14

Chapter 14:

        Harley and Naomi went down to the lobby on Wednesday afternoon to meet Damon Minett.

        Once there they saw his taxi pull up outside, and him and his wife Tessa-Marie got out of the vehicle and paid the driver the fare.

        Then they started walking towards the main doors. They went over to the reception desk where Phil was working this time, instead of Lindsey.

        They checked themselves in and looked around the stunning lobby, taking in the sights.

        The chandeliers were sparkling and the marble floor spotless. Tessa-Marie saw Harley first, waved and jogged over to him and gave him a hug.

        'Hi, how are you Harley? I heard about what happened the night of your gig. I'm sure that other than that everything went well.' She smiled.

        'Yeah everything went great...Till then.' Harley said. 'I'm fine by the way, how about you?' Harley asked just as his uncle Damon approached them.

        'I'm fine Harley, dear. You're Naomi, if I remember right?' Tessa asked turning to Naomi.

        'Yes.' She smiled, 'Nice to see you again Mrs Minett.'

        'Oh, please, call me Tess.'

        'Y'all OK kids?' Damon asked.

        'Yeah we're both fine, just still a little shocked about Sunday night, but...What can ya do?' Harley said to his uncle.

                                                            *****

        Just before heading out her door to meet Harley downstairs in the lobby, Averia had recieved a phone call.

        It was Detective Stevenson confirming that the eyewitness to Scarlett's death was certain it was a woman who came up behind her and pushed her off the balcony.

        At least that'll help us out a bit. She thought to herself. When she got to the lobby she said, 'Great news guys.'

        'Go on...' Naomi said.

        'Well, I got a call from Detective Lee, apparently when the eye witness was interviewed again, she said she was certain it was a woman who pushed Scarlett.' She said.

        'Well that'll help us out a lot!' Damon said.

        'Sorry. I'm Averia. You must be Harley's uncle.' She smiled.

        'Yes, sweetheart. Call me Damon.' He said. 'Nice to meet you.' He said politely as he shook Averia's hand.

        'You too, Damon.' Averia said. 'We have a few new leads now by the way.'

        'That's fantastic! Go on...'

        'Well, now we know for definite that my sisters killer was a woman. The eye-witness was interviewed a second time and she confirmed that it was a woman.' Averia explained.

        Damon smiled and said, 'Great! Well I'm free tomorrow afternoon for a chat. Try and figure this out.'

        'Yeah, that sounds fine to me.' Averia said.