Chapter 4

Chapter 4

        Clara, Tarja, Amira and Lindsey were standing in Tarja's office discussing what to do. Another lady from the office had joined them in Tarja's office. Lindsey.

Lindsey's job was on the reception most days, checking people in and out. Dealing with stroppy customers who weren't fully satisfied... The snobs.

        She was a naturally nice lady, who just wants to help people. When she'd left school she started off as a Customer Service Assistant in a shop in a regular shopping centre.

She applied for a job here basically because the pay was better, and the other staff were nicer than at that shop...

'What should I tell the guests?' Clara said.

'Just that she died, they don't need the details...It's not their business.' Amira said.

'That's true...' Lindsey agreed. 'Just explain, in the daily flyer and put it in the hotel paper. She just...has died.'

'Should we close? If it's murder? I mean we can't have guests here in case it happens again.' Clara worried.

'He's not gonna come back. It's too risky. I think we should be fine, but it's completely up to you Clara.' Tarja tried to help.

'Thanks.'

'What do you think happened?' Tarja asked.

'I just can't believe she's gone, if I'm honest.' Lindsey said.

'I know. It doesn't seem real. After working with Pippa for at least 3 and a half years, you must be quite upset.' Tarja said.

'Yeah, I remember my first day. I was so nervous, but she helped me out a lot.' Lindsey reminisced.

'She was a good woman. Averia was quite close to her as a child, wasn't she? Scarlett worked with Pippa right? She was Scarlett's modelling agent for a while.' Mrs Kaku said.

'Bless her...Bet she's not coping too well now. First her sister...Now Mrs Boreallis.' Amira said.

'Maybe you should treat her to that Tai Chi class.' Mrs Kaku said.

'I'm sure she'd love it.' Tarja said.

                                                           *****

        'Craig?' Laura asked as she wandered gingerly through his luxurious hotel room. Big 3 seat sofas, white leather. A posh glass table. Wall mounted big screen TV, paintings by famous artists on the wall.   Even a bucket of champagne on his table. 

Laura was one of Craig and Tom's friends. She, too, worked with Pippa Boreallis as a model when Scarlett worked for her too.

Now she's with a different modelling agency. She was 5'8, shoulder-length brown hair, brown eyes and tanned skin. She and Scarlett had been good friends.

        Laura was at the Birthday dinner that was thrown for Scarlett the night she died. But she'd left a little before the drama unfolded.  

Craig emerged from his bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist. He was a 26 year old blond guy of 6'1, broad shoulders, defined abs, and bulging biceps.

'What's up?' He asked.

'You didn't tell me Averia would be here?' 

'Didn't think it would matter...Plus I didn't know until the day we arrived anyway.' Craig said. 'You saw her?'