Chapter 23.

Chapter 23

                'We have found a small mark on her arm. She was injected with something, but we don't know what yet. That's what sent her into the fit, and that's what killed her. I'm sorry.' The doctor looked genuinely sorry about the loss of a patient.

        'But... But.' She stuttered. 'Can you find out what?'

        'Maybe. Of course we'll contact you as soon as we hear anything.'

                The other patients eyes fluttered open, glazed over and heavy. She tried to move but she was just too weak. She tried to speak but her throat was too dry. 'Hey.' A soft voice said from beside her. 'You're OK!'

        Unfortunately her visitor had some bad news. But before saying anything, wanted her to at least wake up a little.

        After a nurse had been and checked her over, and got her a glass of water, she was told the news.

         'Listen, I know you guys were getting close, but...' Tarja paused, then sighed.

        'Tsuzumi died.' Her eyes started to tear up, and she felt Averia's grip on her hand loosen as the news hit her ears.

        Averia, however, was just too weak to cry. She wasn't even sure what had happened. She realized she'd know soon enough.

        Just then, someone burst into the room. Harley. Averia weakly smiled a him and he ran over to her bed.

        He wanted to hug her so tightly but knew she'd be fragile, so all he could do was grab her hand and say, 'Thank God you're OK!'

        'Zumi isn't.' Was the first thing Averia said when she woke. 

        'I know. I saw her getting rushed off earlier. I thought it was you, Avie. I've never been so scared.' Harley admitted.

        Averia was having to stay in the hospital for another night before being allowed home, Harley had very kindly offered to pick her up.

        The detectives were also on their way to talk to her about her attacker and the fake 'Detective.' 

        As they arrived, they learned that Tsuzumi wasn't going to be able to tell them anything, because she was dead. 'Let's just hope Averia has something useful for us.' Detective Misham said.

        Averia told the detectives about the detective Kelly Butler, who turned out not to be a detective, about the other people who had died, and how they were killed for trying to help her.

         'I'm pretty damn sure that woman was involved in Scarlett's murder.' Were Averia's last words before a tear slowly left her eye and trickled down her cheek.

        Harley moved to wipe it away, as Averia started talking again. 'Her and Laura Middleton... I saw them both.' 

        'Where?' Detective Stevenson asked. 

        'When they attacked me, in my room!' Averia said. 'I went in to get my keys and swimming costume, I turned towards the door and Laura hit me over the head and I fell, the next I know everything goes black and I wake up here.'

                Back at the police station, the two Detectives set to work on finding Laura Middleton and Kelly Butler. Averia had made a very strong allegation, and she'd better be right.

        This was the closest they'd ever been to catching Scarlett's killer.

        Detective Misham, looked up the addresses of the two girls, contact numbers and even where they worked, and who for.

         It wouldn't be hard to find Laura Middleton, she's quite a well known model. But Kelly Butler might be harder to find.

        But the detectives got their details in a matter of ten minutes and were back out the door, into their car, and driving off to Laura's home.

         They knew they wouldn't be at the hotel any-more, all the guests had finally left until the case is over.

        Detective Stevenson, who was driving, said, 'You think she killed Scarlett too?'

        The other detective, Misham, turned to her and said, 'I don't know.' She thought for a moment, 'It's possible, she was a model herself and probably was jealous or something. Think you're onto something?'

'Possibly.' Detective Stevenson said.

***************

Ginni

XxThexFallenxAngelxX