Chapter 8

Chapter 8

        Julliette Manford did not enjoy having to explain herself to people too much. But it is something which she often has to do, seeing as trouble just 'seems to follow her everywhere'.

A few weeks after she'd heard about her death, a few of Scarlett's fans insisted Julliette had threatened her once.

        Which was true, it happened at an Awards Ceremony in Berlin, only about 5 weeks before Scarlett was killed.

Julliette was also a well known country singer, and she was signed with the same record label as Scarlett.

She was now 25, 5'7, beautiful light blue eyes, and waist length dark blonde, curly hair always silky and soft, flowing around her. She was a thin lady, but had very defined curves.

        Her and Scarlett became friends, not close friends. But they were friends and they played a few shows together in Tennessee and were even photographed shopping together in Milan.

They always looked like they were having fun, any photo Averia had seen in magazines of them.

Always smiling, laughing and waving to the paparazzi. Their friendship soon came to an end when Scarlett was due to release a new single, which her manager insisted was going to be 'huge!'.

Around 2 days before Scarlett's single release, Julliette had her new single released early, upon her request.

        This song by Julliette had suspiciously similar lyrics to that of Scarlett's. As soon as Scarlett heard this, she saw red instantly.

So Scarlett stormed over to her new friend and confronted her. But Juliette responded to these accusations by saying it was in fact Scarlett who copied her.

        Scarlett had slapped Julliette and told her she wanted nothing more to do with her, and then stormed off. After that, to try to get away with it, Julliette made up more rumours about Scarlett.

She was on drugs, she was sleeping around, she blackmailed people into writing her hits for her... All the things a singer could be accused of. But none of it was true.

        Not one word of it. Now Julliette was being accused of maybe killing Scarlett. The eyewitness said it was a woman, around the same height as Scarlett, maybe a little taller. 

The day she was contacted by the police, she got straight on the phone to her manager.

'Have you heard that ridiculous romour I just got arrested for?!' She said angrily down the phone at the police station.

        She'd been allowed to make a phonecall, so she rang her manager Devin Schmidt, who then got in touch with a lawyer for her.

'What?' He said.

'They think I killed that bitch Scarlett!'

'Well if you keep shouting names about her they'll have more of a reason to think that. Calm down, your lawyer's on the way anyway.' Devin said.

        Julliette was always getting herself into some kind of trouble. Devin was starting to not give a damn anymore, it was making him and the rest at the record label look bad too.

While being questioned, Julliette swore she was in Kentucky, during the week Scarlett died.

        'Any witnesses to this?' Julliette was asked.