Chapter 21

Chapter 21

                Harley, for the third time that day, came bursting through Alex and Jake's hotel room door, scaring them half to death, yet again.

          'You gotta stop doing that!' Jake almost shouted at Harley.

          'Sorry.' He mumbled.

        'So? What happened then?' Alex asked sitting himself on a kitchen chair almost in front of where Harley stood, breathlessly at the door.

        'I think I know who's been doing all this. Plus, Avie isn't dead. Only unconscious.' He said, in a flat tone.

        'What? Who?' Jake asked.

        'That detective... Sorry, "detective". I think this had something to do with her.' Harley said. 'I need a drink.'

        'Coffee?' Alex asked. 

        Harley shook his head and went to the fridge and took out one of Jake's beers. 'Thanks man.' He said.

        'I guess that's OK.' Jake said shrugging.         

        'So they don't think you did anything then?' Alex asked. 

        'As soon as I told them about the fake detective they let me go.' Harley said.

        'Well that's good.' Alex said. 'Stop pacing and sit down.' He told Harley.

        'No, I'm gonna have this,' Harley held up the bottle of beer, 'And go to the hospital.' 

        'Will she even be awake?' Jake asked.

        'I don't know, but I'm gonna talk to that Tsuzumi as well... She might have seen who attacked her, and if the identity matches that of the "detective"...' Harley waited for the two guys to catch on.

        'You have your killer.' Alex said quietly.

         Suddenly he looked up at Harley.

         'Go. Now. You need to see a detective and talk to the girls and just pray they're awake.'

                        *****

                Her head felt heavy, her eyelids felt heavy. Everything ached, and she could barely see. Her vision was blurry.

        She could see someone in front of her, in a white outfit. She was laying down on a bed with wires and things sticking out of her.

        Struggling to stay calm, not knowing what was going on, she heard the person in front of her say, 'Stay calm, you're OK. You're in hospital, you were attacked.'

         Suddenly there was a sharp pain in her arm, which only lasted a few seconds before she felt someone rub where they had just pricked her.

        Slowly she started feeling dizzy, eyelids drooping even more until they were completely closed.

        For a few seconds her breathing was erratic, until she let out one long last breath...

        The person in front of her sighed heavily, cleared her throat and walked out of the ward, not saying a word.

                        *****

                Running through the hotel corridors, for about the hundredth time that day, Harley bumped into Detective Misham, who was busy making sure everyone left the hotel safely.

        'Excuse me?' He asked, breathlessly. 'I need to speak to you. It's important.' 

        'How important?' The detective asked.

        'As in, may-have-just-solved-your-damn-case-for-you, kinda important.' Harley snapped after hearing her stupid question.

        'Go on...' The detective seemed moody now.

        'I told Detective Stevenson about the strange "detective" lurking around here. Turns out she's not a detective, just some friend of Laura Middleton's. She used to be friends with Scarlett...'

        Harley looked at her, hoping she'd grasp it.

        Which surprisingly she did.

        She got out her cell phone, thanked Harley and said, 'Still get your things together, everyone in the hotel still needs to leave. Thank you so much for your help.'

        'Also, Tsuzumi or Averia may have seen their attacker, if you get a description if they wake up...'

        Harley was cut off rather rudely.

        'I know how to do my job.'

        She turned around to walk away, and carried on making the call to her partner, Detective Stevenson. 

        Harley carried on towards the hospital to talk to the girls himself.

                        *****

                Detective Stevenson and Detective Misham both sat in the office, going over what Harley had told her a few hours ago. 

        'Apparently, she went to Ms Raynor's apartment and told her she was a detective, working on her sister's murder case. Mr Erricsson doesn't know what she looks like, but Ms Raynor does. Unfortunately she's been attacked and is in hospital.'

        Detective Misham sighed, shook her head then carried on.

        'We can't get anything out of her till she wakes up. And God knows how long that'll be.' She turned to look up at Detective Stevenson, who was leaning over the chair behind her.

        'What about the other woman in hospital. Ms Pakuko... Friends with Ms Raynor, she was attacked on the beach the other night. If Mr Erricsson is right, she may have seen her attacker. Last I heard she was awake.' Detective Stevenson told her partner. 'Ish... She was in and out. But it's worth a try.'

        'OK, then.' Detective Misham stood up from her black office chair. 'Let's go.'

         Both women walked from the office, grabbed a coffee-to-go, then headed off to the hospital to speak to Tsuzumi Pakuko.

*********************

Ginni

XxThexFallenxAngelxX