Chapter 16

Chapter 16:

        He'd noticed Tsuzumi, and heard her...

        But he felt he had to concentrate on getting to Averia's room.

        Tsuzumi thought for a moment, and decided to leave him to speak to Averia alone, and so she concentrated on going to meet her Aunt Clara at the beach.

        On the way, she was going to stop off for a coffee at the cafe.

        I'll be back in time to go and speak to Mr Minett with Averia anyway, I'll find out what as going on later. Tsuzumi thought to herself.

        Damon frantically knocked on Averia's door. Inside, she was just making a fresh cup of coffee when he knocked.

        Jumping, she spilled the milk on the floor. 

        Not caring right then, she rushed to the door and let Damon in. 'Hi, come in.'

        She rushed back over to mop up the spilt milk, when Damon started speaking.

        'Well I went by that room...It was Craig that Tsuzumi heard the other night. Tom's friend...'

        Averia stopped cleaning up the milk and looked up at Damon.

        'Craig?' She slowly got to her feet. 'Are you absolutely sure?'

        'Yes, I'm sure.' Damon said. 'But, it doesn't mean he had anything to do with it, like Tsuzumi said. I'll call the detective, what's the number?'

        'It's OK, I already have a meeting with her this evening, around seven.' Averia said, 'We'll tell her then.'

         Damon nodded and said, 'OK, good. I just thought I'd let you know as soon as possible.' 

        'Thanks.' Averia smiled, putting the dampened paper towels in the bin.

        She'd been holding soggy, milk soaked tissue the whole time. Wiping her hands she said, 'Want a drink?'

        'No it's OK, I've gotta go. Having dinner with the wife.' Damon said.

        'OK, fair enough. Well have a nice dinner.' Averia said, 'I'll let the detective know what you told me.'

        'Ok, thanks.I might even pop by later for when she's here. Depends what Tessa wants to do tonight.' Damon explained.

        'Alright, well I might see you later then.' Averia smiled.

        'OK, see you later.' Damon said as he left. He closed the door behind him.

        Now, completely lost, Averia turned on the TV, switched to the news, but soon turned it off again when they brought up Mrs Boreallis' and Millie's deaths here at the hotel.

                                                      *****

        Mrs Kaku was just finishing off some paperwork in her office when she realized the time. She needed to shower and change before going out to meet Tsuzumi.

        She collected her folders and the last of her paperwork and left the office block. As she was walking over past the pool to her Villa, she heard someone shout, 'Mrs Kaku?!' She turned around to see Detective Stevenson walking over to her.