Chapter 12

Chapter 12

*recap:*

I ran over to my room to grab my phone as soon as I finished, and there was a note on top of it.

---

I picked up the note and looked at the front of it. It just said “143”. Cute!

I opened it up and read the handwriting.

“Where the clothes are kept.”

…Random, but I assume that’s the closet.

I walked over to my closet and opened up the huge door. I spotted a chair with one of the bikinis along with a long, loose fitting beige tank top and matching flip flops we bought when we went shopping laying on it.

On top of the clothes, another note laid.

“Put this on, and then find a six stringed musical contraption.”

That’s obviously a guitar! I play one of those myself, and sing a little…

I put the clothes from who I assumed was Cody laid out for me on and picked up the note again. I remembered when Cody took me around the house; he showed me a room with a bunch of instruments. I made my way to the room and sure enough, there was a note hanging onto a guitar by fitting in between the strings with something attached to it.

“Good morning, Gab! What are you doing?” Brad asked me, while he was sitting on a chair across the room strumming another guitar.

“Good morning to you too! And to be honest, I really have no idea!” I laughed.

I picked up the note and a cute silver bracelet with ‘Forever’ engraved on it was attached with a string. Aw!

I smiled and put the bracelet around my wrist. A perfect fit. Wow, that kid is good. I continued admiring the bracelet while I read the note.

“I hope you like it! Now, I suggest you go find Buddy.”

I knew Buddy, Cody’s puppy, was sleeping in a dog bed in the living room the last I saw him. I walked over to the living room and there was buddy, waking up and making his way over to me. He’s such a cuddly, friendly puppy!  I sat on the floor next to him and he sat himself on his lap and jumped up on my chest. He started to lick my nose and so I started to maul him with kisses.

Then, I remembered why I came to buddy in the first place. I picked him up and awkwardly scanned his body. I looked at his collar which had a small note tucked under it. I pulled it out and gave Buddy one more little kiss and put him back in his bed.

“Look for the red arrows. xo”

Red arrows, huh? I wish I knew where to start.

I turned around and headed out of the living room. I looked around the bottom floor of the large house and couldn’t find any arrows of any sort. I thought I would go outside to see if there was any outdoors.

I started heading out the door, when BAM, I spot an arrow pointing towards the front door.

I took the arrow off the wall and headed out and walked down the long driveway, carefully scanning every inch around me. I reached a gate at the end of the driveway that had another arrow on it, pointing down the road. I continued down the sidewalk and saw a third arrow taped to a garbage bin, pointing across the road. I took the arrow and pursued towards my surprise.

I crossed the road and walked down the sidewalk. I walked for about a minute or two until I saw another arrow.

“You’re getting closer. x”