Chapter 3

Chapter 3

*recap*

“Umm, I’m Cody Simpson. You’ve probably heard of me.” He said, putting out his hand for me to shake. I stood there frozen. My eyes widened.

---

*CODY’S POV*

I bumped into a girl on the street while I was on my phone, stalking my Twitter. I looked up at her and scanned her face. She had shiny reddish-blonde hair, bright hazel eyes and appeared to wear a bit of makeup. She also had a red mark on her face, plus bruises all around her body. But she was gorgeous.

Then it hit me. This is Gabriella. Gabriella Fontayne. I walk by her house frequently because it’s in a somewhat remote area and is on the outskirts of LA, so I wouldn’t get chased by fans. I often hear smashes, screams and yelling coming from her home when I pass by. I finally got the nerve to try to contact her about an hour ago. I was worried about her but couldn’t just go up to her door, who knows what would happen? So I found her best friend, Kyryn, and she gave me her number. I had to thoroughly explain to her what was going on… So she wouldn’t think I was some sort of pedophile. She was flattered that I cared, although I had to make her promise me she wouldn’t tell anyone about this. She knew who I was.

“Oh gosh! I’m so sorry!” She finally spoke up.

“I-..Uh…” I paused. I was still scanning her face. I sounded like an idiot.

Our bodies were almost touching. Gabriella just looked at me.

I snapped out of it and stopped staring at her.

“Yeah! Uh, I’m sorry too, it’s no problem…” I was still in a bit of shock that this was her. My face showed it.

 “Umm, I’m Cody Simpson. You’ve probably heard of me.” I said, putting out his hand for her to shake.

She just stood there frozen, staring at my face. Her eyes got wider.

*GABRIELLA’S POV*

This was Cody. The guy Ariel always talks about. Oh how she would love to be in my position right now. Oh how I wish she were in my position right now. I don’t want to talk to anyone, famous or not. I need ‘temporary happiness and solitude’ like the first voice in my head said back home.

I blinked my eyes and looked around me when I realized what I was doing. I looked back at him.

“Oh… I know who you are. Hi.” I took his hand and smiled.

“You probably have somewhere to be. I’ll leave you alone.” I said, turning around. I started walking back to my house.

“No, I don’t… Hey, are you Gabriella? Gabriella Fontayne? The girl who lives in the old white house about an hour’s walk from here?” Cody asked.

I stopped walking. More shock. How in the world did a celebrity know who I was? And where I lived?!

“…Yes… How do you know about me?” I replied slowly, confused.

“I walk by your house quite often… Are you doing alright? I’m worried about you…” He said in a concerned voice.

Those were the exact words I read in the text from the unknown number. I whipped out my phone and went into my messages. I opened up the text.

To: Gab – 6:15pm 3/21/12

Are you doing alright? I’m worried about you…

My eyes were focused on my phone. I flew my head upwards to face Cody. He looked worried. Was this him?

“I sent you a text about an hour or so ago asking the same thing…” He confessed.

“You? Why you? Don’t you have better things you could be worried about?” I said being honest.

“I heard loud noises and voices coming from your house and couldn’t help but be concerned for a beautiful girl’s wellbeing.” He said, smiling and stepping closer to me. I blushed. He was such a gentleman.

“I don’t know what to say…” I said, smiling and looking up into his eyes.

“Well, are you okay? I don’t mean to be nosy. I just hope you’re alright…” He said.

“I’d rather not talk about it in public… Sorry…” I hesitated. I wanted to tell him, but not here. And I wouldn’t really know how to start. I’m still processing this whole experience so far.

“Well I guess I could take you to my place if you wanted to talk about it… But you don’t have to. It’s completely up  to you.” He asked.

I sighed.

“Sure.”
“Again, you don’t have to.”
“No, I’d love to.”

Cody hugged me tightly, putting his muscular arms around my waist. I wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him back. I put my head on his shoulder and smiled while he wasn’t looking. The hug lasted a couple seconds.

We walked about 20 minutes up the road, away from my house, in a comfortable silence until we reached a giant, gorgeous home with an amazing view. I stopped for a few seconds to look at it. Cody smiled at me.

We went into his living room and he invited me to sit on the couch beside him. I stared at the floor, while he pivoted and faced me. He lifted his head and begun to speak.

“So, what’s up?”