Chapter 8

(A/N) Sorrrrry I haven’t been posting lately! A lot of drama involving friends and family. It’s starting to calm down now but anyways, here’s chapter 8, thanks for all the support for the fanfic! X

---

Chapter 8

*recap:*

“COME OUT OF THE WOODS WITH YOUR HANDS UP!”

---

*GAB’S POV*

Oh shoot. This is what I feared, the police finding my mom and taking her to jail, and then I have no place to go. Wait! Cody was asking his mom if I could stay. But what if she says no? Stay positive, Gab. Stay positive.

All 3 of us were walking out of the woods with our hands up, as ordered to. Cody and I stopped on the sidewalk and an officer started asking us questions while 2 others took my mother and started talking to her.

“We were called by someone who reported shattering glass, shouting and screaming as well as other disturbing noises. Could you tell us what’s going on?” The officer asked.

“My mother was hitting and scratching me,” I said, pointing out the marks and scars on my body.

“Then she threw a lamp at me and was trying to make me throw up pills I didn’t take.” I continued.

 The officer was writing stuff down on his notepad as I told him everything.

“Okay, I know this is Gabriella, and you’re Cody Simpson aren’t you?” He asked.

“That’s me.” Cody said.

“Alright. Now, how was she trying to make you throw up?” He asked.

“She pushed 2 fingers to the back of my throat over a sink.” I answered as he wrote more.

 “Okay, now did you witness or do anything?” The officer asked Cody.

“I came outside the house and started knocking when I heard thumps. Then a huge sound of glass being smashed came from upstairs so I immediately went inside and started looking for her, and then I heard a door slam which lead me to a bathroom-“ Cody told him.

“Okay, stop there for a sec.” The officer said as he quickly wrote on his notepad.

“Continue.” He said as he looked up to Cody.

“Well, when I went into the bathroom, I saw her mother pushing her fingers into Gab’s mouth and she started gagging, so I pushed her away from Gab and she fell over for a few seconds. Then I tried to ask Gab some questions, but she was coughing continuously so she couldn’t speak.” Cody paused to let the officer copy down what he was saying.

“Anything else?” The officer asked.

“Yes. Her mother got back up and was about to hit Gab again, but I grabbed her arm and pushed her across the room so she couldn’t hurt her anymore. She fell over and must’ve hit her head, because she was breathing but just rested herself against the wall. Gab ran to her room afterwards and we talked there, until my mom called me asking us where we were, then we planned to leave the house, and her mother had gotten back up and started chasing us outside of the house, so we ran into the woods.” Cody finished.

I noticed the other officers who were talking to my mom put handcuffs on her and put her in the backseat of the police car. I really didn’t know whether I should be worried or happy.

“Well thanks for telling us everything we need to know. Gab, do you have any place to go?” The officer asked, finishing writing notes on his notepad.