Chapter 13

Chapter 13

*recap:*

“Hi, sweetie.”

---

I almost fainted.

It was my father.

“Dad…” I mouthed, jumping off the bed. Cody gave me a weird look, and so did Alli. I presume they didn’t understand what I said.

“Oh my god.” I said, falling against the wall.

I started crying. This is the first time I’ve talked to him in almost 4 years. I missed him so much.

“Are you alright?” He asked.

I thought about that for a second. Yes, I’m alright, my father that I haven’t spoken to in forever is finally making some form of contact with me! But no, I’m not alright because it took him too long and he left without a trace, he never told me where he was going or if I’d ever see him again.

“I don’t know what to think right now.” I said, crying against the wall. “Are you still with… her?” I meant, implying his skanky girlfriend.

He let out a deep sigh.

“Forget that. It doesn’t matter. I’m coming to see you as soon as I can.” He said in a soft tone of voice.

“…NO.” I said firmly.

“You don’t want to see me?” He acted confused.

“Well you obviously didn’t feel like coming to see me until now, did you?” I said in a shaky voice.

“I mean, why suddenly now?!” I continued.

“I miss you, that’s why!” He said.

“IT TOOK YOU FOUR FUCKING YEARS FOR YOU TO MISS ME?!?!” I screamed, crying at the same time. I took my head off of the wall and almost fell over.

“Well… I…” He started.

“You obviously didn’t need me in your life four years ago, and it looks like it was pretty damn easy for you to keep it that way! Don’t bother coming to find me because mom’s in jail and I don’t even live there anymore! You can live your happy life with your stupid whore of a girlfriend because you seem to want her more than me!” I cried angrily.

“WAIT, GAB-“ I hung up on him. No more excuses. Just no more. I can’t live my life believing all of these retarded lies again. I don’t know who I can trust anymore.

I threw my phone across the room and put my face into my palms, crying silently. Alli and Cody came up to me and started hugging me. I just sort of stood there with my head wrapped in my arms.

“Guys! Dinner!” Angie yelled from the kitchen downstairs. I didn’t move, but Cody looked at Alli.

“Go tell her we might be down later. Do you mind if we tell her why, Gab?” Cody asked, looking down at me.

“Go ahead.” I said, still crying. Alli gave me one last big hug and left the room, shutting the door. I let go of myself and slowly clung onto Cody by his neck. I buried my face in his neck and he wrapped his arms tightly around my mid-back, now rubbing it softly. His hugs were so comforting.

“It hurts me when you’re upset, you know that?” He said, facing my head and resting it on mine.     

I sensed sadness in his tone of voice. He sniffed in and wiped his eyes.

I just hugged him tighter.

“I mean it. I like it when you’re happy. It rubs off on people.” He continued.