episode 12

I was leaning against the railing that was by the stairs that lead to the school entrance and smoking a cigarette

I was leaning against the railing that was by the stairs that lead to the school entrance and smoking a cigarette. Students were rushing past me, laughing and chatting with their friends while they were on the way to class and the last buses from different sides of the city were stopping on the road. I was slightly squinting my eyes because of the strong sun that was shining on the sky and debating if I should get a coffee or not. 

I was just about to make my way to the school cafeteria when I spotted the car that stopped at the school gates. My head slightly tilted to the side and my eyebrows furrowed with recognition. Baekhyun stepped out of the car, slammed the door behind him and started walking. My head tilted to the other side and I watched him come closer until he went right past me. He didn't say a word or even acknowledge my presence. Then the car that was still waiting at the school gates drove off and he instantly showed up in front of me.

'' I'm really sorry that I ignored you like that, Rin! You aren't mad, are you? '' Baekhyun nervously asked and scratched the back of his head. His freshly dyed black hair was shining in the sunlight. '' It's just that my mother drove me to school and she doesn't want me to be hanging out with you and- ''

'' Spare me the drama, '' I bluntly muttered and lit up a new cigarette. '' That's the only good thing about having no family but my brother. A lot less drama like this, but sadly a lot more bossing around just because he is the older one. ''

Baekhyun leaned against the railing by my side and clenched his fingers in to fists with frustration. '' We don't do anything but fight lately. She even called my drawing a waste of time. Sometimes I wish that I could just leave for a while. ''

'' Then leave, '' I spoke up and glanced at him with a blank expression on my face. '' Leave for a day. ''

Baekhyun stared at me with confusion. '' What? What are you talking about? '' 

I tiredly yawned and stretched my arms. I gazed towards the school with boredom before looking back at him. The corners of my mouth were twitching in to a smile at the idea that formed in my head. '' You heard me, nerd. Let's leave for a day. Come on, I know a good fried chicken place in Incheon. If we're fast we can still catch Xiumin's dad before he goes to work and ask him to give us a ride. '' 

Baekhyun was looking at me with wide eyes and trying to wrap my mind around what I just said. My suggestion to leave Seoul for a day seemed to shock him at first, but I could see it on his face that he was beginning to like the idea more and more with each moment that passed. '' You mean... We can just leave? '' 

'' We can do anything we want. I mean... I'm pretty sure that the world isn't going to end if we miss a day of school, '' I mumbled and shrugged. Then I pushed myself of the railing, jumped down the stairs that lead away from the entrance of the school and gazed back towards Baekhyun. '' What do you say, trash? Are you in the mood for an adventure? ''

He was still a little unsure, but he quickly ran after me when I turned around and started walking away. He was like a kid that was skipping class for the first time, which he probably was. He was glancing over his shoulder like one of the teacher was going to come chasing after us, telling me how crazy all of this was and how he hoped that we won't get caught. I was walking by his side with my hands in my pockets, pretending to listen to him and thinking about the fried chicken place in Incheon.