episode 18

I was about to walk in the apartment building where Chanyeol and I lived when I heard the police sirens. My eyes grew wide and I instinctively jumped over the railing by my side, ran in to an alleyway and hid behind a truck that was parked there. My brother told me that the police coming to our place meant only one thing, they were there to lock him up and it was time for us to go and move somewhere else again. I quickly dialed his number to tell him the sad news.

'' Is anyone in the apartment right now? '' I asked, looking around the parked truck and watching the three police cars that just stopped inside the building. 

Chanyeol cursed and muttered: '' Why? Wait... I can hear the fucking police sirens... Don't tell me... We're going to have to move again? ''

'' Chanyeoli... '' I mumbled and rolled my eyes at his annoyed ranting.

'' You were asking if anyone is in the apartment? '' he asked and thought for it for a moment. '' Well I'm doing business right now so I'm safe, but I think Kai should still be there. '' 

I watched the policemen that ran inside the building before wondering: '' Shouldn't we warn him? ''

Chanyeol chuckled and I could almost see him dismissively waving with his hand. '' he apartment is signed to a friend of mine who is a nice sale assistant in a clothing store in Hongdae. Even if they barge inside, they're never going to get a search warrant in court, since he has no criminal background whatsoever and is an ordinary man who just happens to own a random apartment on the other side of town. As for Kai... Don't worry about him. It isn't the first time something like this happened to him. I remember it was just two weeks ago he got drunk and joined a party in a house that was surrounded by cops the next day for a random drug raid. He's good at playing the victim and I'm sure he's going to make up some excuse about him being there. '' 

I shrugged and muttered: '' If you say so. Now the only thing I want to know is how the cops managed to find out about our apartment. Do you think it was Yoongi and their gang? ''

'' I don't think they would involve the police in this, '' Chanyeol thoughtfully replied.

I was about to say something in response when the truck that I was hiding behind suddenly turned on and started moving. My eyes slightly widened, then I rushed across the street and hid behind a dumpster instead. '' Yeah, me too. '' 

'' Do you have enough money for a hotel tonight? Me and the other guys are in the middle of making a real great deal and I think I'm going to be stuck working and arranging things, so I don't think we'll be able to see each other today. I can't really speak of the details right now, but if this goes through then I'm finally going to be able to get us a nice home, buy you a car and sent you on that vacation to Europe that you've been dreaming about. '' Chanyeol's voice was laced with sadness and I couldn't help it but to feel hurt. 

'' Chanyeol Oppa, I told you a million of times already that you don't have to do this because of me. I don't need things, I need you, my brother and that's all. You could have any other job and we could live in a box and it wouldn't really matter to me. We would find a way anyways, because we are the Park family and we always find a way, '' I replied with pain and sighed. Then I suddenly spotted something and said: '' Oh. The cops are leaving and there's no sight of Kai in handcuffs. '' 

Chanyeol chuckled and said: '' This probably isn't the time to have this kind of conversation, isn't it? But if this goes through, then I promise that you won't get just a house, a car and a vacation, but I will also leave this business forever. I will leave it all behind and the two of us will start over. Things will be better and your life will finally be better. Now go check up on Kai. ''