episode 13

'' I don't think it's a good idea to have shots of soju at ten in the morning

'' I don't think it's a good idea to have shots of soju at ten in the morning. '' 

'' Good idea? I'm eighteen now and legal. I can have as many good ideas like this one as I want, '' I happily replied to Xiumin and lined the shots of soju on the bar. The man who owned the place was drying glasses with a bored expression on his face and there were only two other drunkards there besides us. One was passed out on the table and the other one was talking to his dog, so they were technically giving a better example than I was, but I didn't care. 

Xiumin leaned against the bar and used his arm to support his head. He sighed and watched how I started downing the shots. '' Why are you even so excited? It's not like you weren't drinking before eighteen, so it doesn't even make that big of a difference. ''

I finished the last shot, shivered and cringed at the taste of the strong alcohol. Then I looked at Xiumin and smiled. '' It's my birthday and today I don't want to think of the past, the present or the future. I just want to enjoy myself. ''

Xiumin shrugged and suddenly grinned with excitement. '' Whatever you say. Anyway, time for my birthday present! ''

I didn't like making a big fuss about my birthday and I didn't want a big party, but it was still always special. Last year Yixing, Xiumin and I had lunch with Yixing's parents, then I went to a party with my brother and Kyungsoo. I was with the people that I held dear to my heart, we were having fun and that was all that mattered to me.

Kyungsoo and Chanyeol were already out of the house by the time I woke up, but my brother left me a note saying that he didn't forget like he did two years ago and that he had something planned, so I had to clear my schedule for that afternoon. I met Yixing at the bus stop and he wished me a happy birthday and gave me my gift, which was a bag full of fried chicken coupons for different restaurants around town. After that I went to the bar where I was supposed to meet up with Xiumin, curious to see what he prepared. The two of us didn't like to gift things to each other. Instead we tried to think of experiences and that was how him, Yixing and I ended up going bungee jumping on his birthday last year.

Xiumin surprised me with tickets for a theme park in Seoul and we instantly started making plans to go there sometime in the next couple of days. After I had some more drinks at the bar and he finished his lemonade, we spend the early afternoon strolling around Seoul, eating street food, stopping at different places that we liked and enjoying our time. I was perfectly happy and content with my life when I said goodbye to him and made my way home to see what Chanyeol had planned.

It was four in the afternoon when I got back and Kyungsoo and Chanyeol were still out. I didn't think much of it at first and I made myself some cup ramen and ate it in front of the TV. Then more time passed, there was still no sign of them and I was slowly starting to get worried. Chanyeol wasn't replying to my messages and different thoughts were beginning to form in my head. I was wondering if it was possible that they got hold up doing something, but I knew it was almost impossible, because my brother always told me that he was going to be late if he knew that we were supposed to do something together. A frightening thought that something happened to them was slowly creeping up in my mind until someone knocked on the door.