episode 15

I was about to put pink glitter on my eyelids when I suddenly remembered where I was going. I took a step back from my mirror, took in my appearance and cringed. Looking back at me was a girl wearing a red bodysuit, a black and really short skirt, knee socks and heels. I definitely looked hot as hell and ready to go break some hearts, but it was probably not the most appropriate attire for where I was going. It was Friday, I was invited to Baekhyun's house for dinner and I still couldn't believe that I was planning on actually going.

I emptied the cocktail that I placed on the sink and walked into the living room. It was our last day in Kris and Luhan's apartment and the guys were out somewhere doing some business. The bottle of gin that they left on the coffee table was almost empty, I was beginning to feel tipsy and the plan to go to Baekhyun's house quickly didn't sound as bad anymore. Later I was walking down the street in a slightly more modest pink satin tank top and black leather shorts and after I emptied the drink that I took to have on the way, I was sure that I will be able to do it. My opinion changed again when I reached the neighborhood that Baekhyun in it and I realized that I definitely wasn't drunk enough for this.

I knew Baekhyun lived in one of those typical family neighborhoods with a lot of pretty houses that had nice gardens. They had street lamps that still worked, shops with no bullet holes, no bars full of drunkards and I felt like I found myself in another dimension. I didn't even dare to throw my smoked cigarette on the ground like I usually did and when I walked up to the doorstep of the Byun household, I suddenly felt self conscious, knowing that I probably smelled like alcohol and was going to get judged for my pink hair.

What the hell is happening to me?

I debated turning around and running away, but I pushed the doorbell before I could convince myself to do that. I was looking at my trembling hand until the door in front of me opened. My head snapped up and my eyes slightly widened at the sight of the woman that was standing in front of me. Then I quickly bowed, grinned and said: '' Good evening, lady Byun! ''

She smiled and waved at me to go after her. '' Come in, Chae-rin! It's so lovely that you showed up! The table is already set up and we were waiting for you. I wasn't sure if you were going to come, but Baekhyun told us to wait. '' 

I was looking around and only half listening to her. I caught a glimpse of a living room with a really large couch and a TV. There were family pictures and books on the shelves instead of lighters and empty glasses and there were no drunk people sleeping on the floor. They even had plants that were still alive and the sink in the kitchen had no dirty dishes in it. It was nothing compared to my home and I wasn't sure if I liked it or not. I couldn't really imagine myself in this tidy environment, but in a way I wished that I would've had this safety and comfort growing up. If I had all of this, then maybe I would've turned out different. Less rude and harsh and more friendly and able to connect with other humans without violence.

Lady Byun lead me in to the dining room and my eyes quickly landed on Baekhyun, who stopped in the middle of what he was saying and stared right at me. I was slightly taken back by the strange happiness and triumph that appeared on his face, then he threw his arms in the air and cheered. '' I knew it! I knew you were going to show up! I knew you weren't going to let me down! '' 

I found it strange, because it was usually the exact opposite. People knew from the beginning that I was going to let them down. It will probably be the same with Baekhyun sooner or later too. I knew myself too well and I was sure that I will screw it up in the end.

I bowed at the man that was sitting at the end of the table in their dining room and introduced myself. He was Baekhyun's father and it was clear that he didn't like me, but he didn't say anything. He pretended like I wasn't there for the whole time and I quickly noticed that he didn't speak much at all. I was watching him in the corner of my eye when he was eating his noodles and Baekhyun was passionately telling him something about art. He clearly didn't even acknowledge his son's words and suddenly mentioned something about his work to his wife. I didn't fail to notice the pain that briefly appeared in Baekhyun's eyes before he lowered his head and continued eating in silence.