episode 19

Three days passed and there was no sign of Chanyeol. It wasn't the first time he disappeared for a while, but now it was different. I always knew if he was gone because he had troubles with the police or he had some work to take care of, but now he wasn't replying to his messages and I couldn't get a hold of any of the other guys either. There was only Kai who I knew was somewhere in town, but he wasn't answering his phone and no one knew where to find him. After the police came to my and Chanyeol's new apartment he disappeared too and I was slowly starting to get worried. It wasn't that I doubted him or the others, but considering the current situation, I couldn't help it but to get scared and wonder if something bad happened to them.

At first I waited and tried to contact him and the other guys, but then I decided that it was time to get up. Perhaps I was just a young girl, but I grew up on the streets and I knew that I could at least try to do something. I didn't move in the same circles as Chanyeol, he didn't let me, but I had an idea where to find Kai, who I was sure was hiding somewhere in Seoul. I was just hoping to get to him before anyone else would get to me.

If anything happened to Chanyeol, then there was no doubt that I was next.

I walked out of my motel room, locked it behind me and pulled my cap deeper on my forehead. There was a cigarette hanging between my lips and I tried to look as casual as possible when I slowly made my way to the nearest subway station. Kai didn't really have a steady home and from eavesdropping to his conversations with the other guys, I knew that if he wasn't sleeping in one of their apartments, he was with some girl.

I checked all of the bars and clubs that he liked to go to, spoke to countless different barmen, security guards and acquaintances of his, but no one has seen him for the past three days. He disappeared at the same time as Chanyeol and the other guys who were working with him and I knew that this couldn't be a coincidence. I was at the last place that I knew he liked to go to, which was a bar that barely opened on that early Wednesday and trying to think of other spots around Seoul where he could be. It was like looking for a needle in a haystack, things were starting to seem worse and it was hard to stay hopeful.

'' Miss... ''

I dismissively waved at the barman, who was trying to tell me that you couldn't smoke inside and stared at my drink with a thoughtful expression on my face. He has been pestering me for the past fifteen minutes and I even lost my train of thought because of him. I was in a really bad mood and he was annoying me until I finally snapped: '' Ask me to go outside with my cigarette another time and I'll call the police and tell them all about the coke dealing that you have going on here. ''

The barman froze and stared at me with shock, while I rolled my eyes and scowled. '' Tch. '' 

He was clearly horrified, since he had no idea that I was the sister of his supplier and that it was how I knew what was going on here. He didn't say anything else and just gave me a glass that I could use as an ashtray before he left to clean some tables around the bar. I downed my drink, lit up another cigarette and buried my face in my hands. All this thinking and worries was starting to give me a headache. 

'' I see you're particularly icy and sharp today, Chae, '' a familiar voice spoke behind me and made me sigh out loud. '' Did something happen? What are you even doing here? I know you don't like this bar, because of the hookers that like to pick up costumers here. ''

I turned around and looked up in Sehun's eyes. I stared at him in silence, still thinking about other places where Kai could be. '' I'm not going to ask you what are you doing here, because you answered that question yourself when you mentioned the hookers. But how come you're here at this time of day? I don't see you on the streets anymore and I've heard that you got your life together. That you even work there. ''