4| Apartments

Listen to the song while reading

-

You stood at my door's threshold, soaking wet, I looked out the window and it was thundering out side; oh how so you managed to get here at this hour. It was already past midnight. I felt embarrassed that you had to see me like this, a mess. I always looked like a mess whenever I slept. I look horrid.

You sighed and your cheeks got warmer, you rubbed the back of your neck. "Can I.. " you started. I was wondering what you were going to do here. Probably a report missing from his section of working, a missed meeting he wants to know about?

What?

"Can I.. can I stay here for the night?" You closed your eyes tight and and puffed your cheeks, clearly expecting a no from me. I giggled and covered my mouth with two fingers. It was adorable. You looked up at me and gave me a quizzical look as if I was the weirdest creature you've ever seen. "S-so.. ?" Your lips forming and 'O' from the word.

I pulled you in and demanded you to take off all of your wet clothes. "What?" You asked. I sighed and repeated what I just said. Your face turned a shade of crimson red with an expression I doubted you were even capable of doing. "U-um.. do I strip here?" You pointed to floor which of course, gestures the whole living room. I blushed rather viciously and frowned at the surprise you've pulled.

So I told you that you should "strip" inside the bathroom and I could go get you some fresh new clothes. When I got back you were standing half naked with a towel on and boy, do you look built. "Something wrong?" You ask out of pure confusion. I shook my head and tried my best to stay as calm as possible. But no, you..

You look hot.

So damn hot.

You chuckled and got the clothes from me. "Close that mouth, Bubba." You tapped my chin. My face felt warmer than my own oven.  I didn't move a muscle and realized I've been standing there when he left to get dressed. I shook my head and sighed. I always thought I wouldn't ever catch you here in my apartment at 3 AM in the morning.

I suppose I was wrong.

I suppose you had your own way of getting into my nerves but not actually making me mad, this time. I closed my eyes and breathed in the scent of my own living room with a mixture of something new, it smelled good. It smelled so much like home back in Oklahoma. I always love the things that made me feel at home.

You tapped my shoulder and I peeked an eye. Your face was close, too close. I felt my cheeks get warmer and warmer. "Let's get to bed?" You asked and as if this was your own house. I suppose you're not the type to try and sleep on the couch. I don't blame you, so do I. I was also too tired to even argue where you should sleep. So I let you carry me to my bed.

We haven't really properly met each other and I basically know you as an exasperating parasite that I have to live with through work but here you are. Dressed in my pink shirt and sweatpants.

I like pink. Don't judge.

"Should.. I.. ?" I chuckled and pulled you in the bed, falling on top of me. My eyes were barely open but I can still see that soft blush on your cheeks. I giggled and pushed your soft raven hair away from your face. You were looking at me like I've killed someone and you had this subtle fear in your eyes that I found quite adorable. I loved it.

You had small freckles barely even evident on your nose and cheeks.
You had such a soft nose.
You had eyes, beautiful blood red eyes that I could never get tired looking at through my lavender ones.
I stared down at your lips, they look really soft even though they were slightly chapped.

Soft enough to kiss.

"Um.. Bubba.. " you starts and I do didn't let you finish. I made you feel the love that I've kept from you. I wanted to finally say it to you but I couldn't. So I kissed you, ever so softly. Holding onto your waist for support.

We stayed like that, we made ourselves feel each other's love. It felt homey. Even though you could here the street cars blaring their sirens or a junkie refusing to not leave until he got his cash. But mostly, you could hear the silent screams of people who just want to be okay; you said you to help them and I assured you we would.

It was the world calling out to us. But we kept it locked out there because we have our own world. We have our own choices to make and you chose to be here with me in my apartment at a Sunday morning.

I didn't know how much time had passed but I didn't care. I was with you, the one I love.

-

@KrissyMelon 💕