4

Namjoon, remember when you walked in hoping i was okay. I was weak, i could barely breath let alone speak. You grabbed my hand still crying. You asked me why i was so frail, why I was exhausted, why I looked like I did, why I was never left unscathed. I looked away, avoiding your inquiring gaze, to  embarrased of myself. To scared, to anxious to tell you the truth. You grabbed my head and spun it towards you, you gave me a reassuring smile. Asking again.

I told you about my dad beating me whenever he felt like doing it, whenever he was angry, disappointed but the most startling one, afraid and bored. Your face instantly dropped, obviously shocked. You removed your hand from my face and immediatly stood up and sat next to me on the hospital bed. You cradled me. Telling me I was brave, that I was strong, that I deserved a better life for all my good doings. But I didn't believe you, I never did.

I was scared, afraid, inferior to my dad, you and everyone around me, but i still felt safe in your arms, I felt the unforgivable feeling of safety in your arms. I was glad you were my friend. But I was scared of the out come, because making a friend was a rule that wasn't to be broken. You were the first ever person i relied on.

I regret it...