Alluring In Blood -4

The picture by the side --> Elizabeth Bathory not Ileana, I can't find someone who resembles Ileana, Imagine Ileana as...Keira Knightly. Did I spell her name right?

_________________________________________________________________________ 

     It was finally the day I'll be meeting with the exquisite Elizabeth for my history lessons. Sabina and Ashton won't return for days so Dakota took it on herself to lead me to the classroom, since when I was searching I opened a door that had nothing but the view of the cemetery and fell out of the headquarters. I survived obviously.

     "Audrey, you ready?" Dakota knocked and invited herself in. I sighed in frustration, I couldn't even hear her footsteps as she approached. Something was off, sure I was always weak in my senses but ever since I came here it had decreased drastically. "You okay?" she asked peering at my face worriedly.

    I nodded and grinned awkwardly. "Perfect."

Dakota hesitated but shrugged as if I'm hopeless, which I sort of am at the moment.

    "Don't be scared of Elizabeth, I met her once." Dakota encouraged. 

"How did that go?" I asked hopefully.

    "Horrible, she wanted me blasted off the building." Dakota said, grinning at the memory.

     I looked at her horrified, all hope I felt vanished. "No, no I was a bit snappy that day." Dakota reassured me. "Don't worry, I heard she loves vampires anyway." Dakota added as I glared at her, motioning her to hush up while I tried to calm myself. "Wanted to be one too..." Dakota continued.

I tuned Dakota out knowing she won't be helpful in this situation.

     It wasn't just that I was meeting an extremely powerful person, it was the fact I was a step away from learning everything about my past that kept sending me emotional turmoil. I've never wanted to learn about my past but now it was an inch away I was practically screaming in excitement. Headmaster Selman only caused my excitement to flip into a nervous wreck when he warned me that if in any way she disapproved of me she'll leave, so that added to the pressure I felt whether I wanted it to work or not.

     Soon I found myself facing an oak door that hid Elizabeth. I shifted awkwardly where I stood, faking interest in the red and gold wallpaper to avoid Dakota's pitiful glance. She patted my shoulder and left without a word. I took a couple of deep breathes and slowed my heartbeat even more until I felt I could handle any situation. I knocked lightly but nevertheless, the sound came off as loud as a cannon blast. I winced.

     "Come in Audrey." A light, feminine voice called from the other side of the door. I felt myself shudder before peeking through the door, carrying a shy smile. A woman, presumably Elizabeth, sat at the other end of the dark, vintage style room behind a wide wooden desk. She stared at me past the stray strands of ginger hair that fell loose from her high bun, and bright red eyes that pierced through my soul. I shuffled demurely into the room and let the door click shut. When she nodded curtly and motioned me to take a seat, I scrambled about but managed to seat myself without causing a hazard.

     Elizabeth got up with an unwavering poise, her Tudor dress sweeping the floor as she neared me with a blank smile. "So this is the rare vampire everyone's been talking about; you're quite the beauty Audrey." I nodded unaware of what else to do or say. "Not what I expected."

     She circled me while I twitched in discomfort, wishing I died when I fell out of the building. "You are quite the opposite of a Vampire, shy one I would say." Elizabeth mused, tracing her ring casually. "Strange but refreshing, the headstrong girls always grated my nerves, don't you agree?"