Not konoha

A picture at the top of what Naruko looks like. Naruto but female versions <3

Naruko pov

"Oi. Little girl. You know it's not safe to lie down like that in the middle of the streets right?" An annoying voice said, awakening me from my good nap.

"Go away. It's too early." I said waving my hand at him without opening my eyes. Wait. Street? I quickly jumped up and got into my fighting stance with my hand on my kunai. The man that was in front of me quickly put his hands up and backed up.

"Calm down yeah? I was just telling you to be careful. Tch kids these days are so rude." He said before walking off with his hands in his pocket.

"Thats right dattebayo. Walk away! I'm a fierce ninja!" I said while waving my arms at him. He turned around to glare at me before turning the corner at a building. That man's got nothing on me. I turned around confidently before I realised what was happening. Buildings. Tall buildings. I looked around, frantically trying to spot grandpa's head on the mountain. To my complete horror all I could see was the sea on one side and buildings on the other. I quickly ran up to the nearest person and tugged on their sleeve.

"Oi Baa-san! Where are we?" I asked the lady who grew a tick mark. She raised a first before bashing it painfully into my skull. "Oi what are you doing!" I asked her fiercely while pointing at the headband on my head, attempting to be intimidating. I bet this babaa didn't notice the NINJA headband on my head.

(Baa-san is a way of referring to older females and babaa is an impolite way of saying old woman)

"Who're you calling babaa you brat! I'm a young lady in her forties for your information! You must be pretty stupid to not know where we are!" She shouted at me while aiming another punch at my head. She continued to give me a lecture on how I should be better mannered and so on. This woman reminded me of Iruka sensei. She sighed and shook her head as she realised I wasn't listening. "You're at Dolle harbour ya lil brat." I tilted my head at her response. Dolle harbour? I've never heard of that place before.

"I don't know where that is dattebayo!" I exclaimed as I watch her fall rather comically. She quickly got up and rearranged her brown hair that was tied in a loose bun.

"I'm guessing you're a tourist then. By the looks of that weapon pouch you're here for a battle. So the hunter exam." She said with a small smirk on her face. Hunter exam? Maybe that's the same thing as a chunin exam but they just call it differently here. I nodded frantically, mentally cheering at how easy I could become a chunin. Now I could become a chunin before Sasuke and when I return everyone in the village can finally respect me! I felt my stomach drop at that thought as my smile faded from my face. How stupid am I? Sasuke isn't here anymore. All because of me.

"Oi brat. What's wrong. You just went from 100 to 0 in like 2 seconds. Do you have bipolar issue's?" She asked slightly warily. I giggled a bit at the question as I wiped the tear from my eye that I didn't know had appeared.

"I'm fine dattebayo! Thanks Baba!" I said with a bright smile. She smirked a bit but then realised what I said. She raised her hand to smack me again but I quickly caught her arm milliseconds before it could reach my face. I was shocked at how much power that blow had as I saw her raise her eyebrow.

"Hm? You're pretty strong aren't you? Alright then. I'm actually a navigator and I was about to return to my home but I guess you're pretty lucky. You just have to pass this test and I can take you straight to the exam sight." She said as a grin formed on my face. I was beginning to like this baba.

"What do you want me to do?" I asked her with a determined look.

"I like the look in your eye girl. You just have to fight me one on one and if you can beat me I'll take you. Easy as that." She said as I suddenly felt my confidence boost. I stared at her skinny arms and although she was about 3 heads taller than me I knew I could take her. After all I am a ninja.

She brought me to an isolated area a few blocks away and I quickly went into my fighting stance with a kunai gripped tightly in one hand. I don't even have to use jutsu to fight her. This was going to be easy. I decided to make the first move as I saw her laid back stance. I sprinted towards her as I attempted to slash my kunai at her stomach. She merely stepped aside as I flew straight into the ground. I stood up quickly spitting the dirt from my mouth. The woman began to laugh as I narrowed my eyes at her. "Not so mighty are you now brat?" She said with a taunting smile. I quickly dashed to her again and aimed a punch at her face. I saw her reach to grab my arm but I quickly disappeared and reappeared behind her. My leg swung out and she managed to twist her body around use her arm to block the upcoming kick. She looked slightly surprised and I smirked before quickly jumping away.

"Not so mighty are you now baba?" I asked her as I saw another tick mark grow on her face. I was about to run to her again before she clenched her stomach. I stopped and I soon became worried as she hunched over and began to shake. "Are you alright?" I asked her genuinely worried for the women's health. I was about to call for help before I heard her booming laughter.

"You got me there brat! You know what? I like you! You pass. I'll take you to the exam." She said with a thumbs up. I fell onto the ground with a large sweatdrop.

"I didn't beat you yet though." I said still lying on the ground. She shook her head with a small smile.

"I'm sort of an examiner in a way. You couldn't have won. I was barely using any of my strength anyways." She said as I began to see her in a new light.

"Well. I don't want to pass that way. So no." I said while pouting and kicking my legs up childishly.

"No?" She said as another cackling laugh escaped her lips. "I'm letting you pass easily and you're saying no?" She questioned as she stared up at the sky in complete amazement. I don't see what's so funny. "That's too bad though. I said you pass so you pass. I'm going to lead the way to the examination sight. It's up to you if you want to follow me. You won't get this chance again though." She said after calming down slightly. I turned my head away grumbling underneath my breath as I watched her begin to walk away. I didn't want to pass this way though. It almost felt like I was cheating. I stood up with a sigh as I watched her figure grow smaller and smaller. I need to become a chunin though.

"Baba! Wait up"

~Time skip~

"Alright girl. This is where I leave you." The woman said after she finished ordering something at the restaurant we were currently in.

"Thanks baba! I owe you one! When I become hokage I'll be sure to return the favour to you dattebayo!" I said with a large grin on my face. She raised her arm to hit me again as I closed my eyes tightly. I felt soft hands on my head as I looked up to see her smiling face.

"Himeko." She said with a soft voice. "My name's Himeko. I don't know what a hokage is but if it's your dream to be one then go for it!" She said. I stared at her in shock. How can she not know what a hokage is? I shook my head not bothered to explain it. She was one of the first people who didn't tell me it was impossible.

"Thanks Ms Himeko. I've got to go now! My names Naruko by the way!" I said with a grin before following the waiter into a secluded room. Chunin exams here I come!

--------

I really hope you like it so far! Please tell me what you think and some constructive criticism if needed! I'll try to update when I have time!

I need some ideas for what the title should be~ I feel like the 'hunter world' is too plain and boring!

Thank you!

Alisa