Chapter 28: Sans Serifa

Knowing what you have to do doesn't mean you are ready for it. Sans wasn't. He needed to quit; that was clear. Yet, it was one of the hardest things he had to do in his life. He had been repeating the same day over and over for months to reach a single goal, and now he had to completely give up on everything.

He didn't even know what to do. Should he tell her? Should he just let her live her final moments in blissful ignorance? Should he try to avoid her death for as long as possible before she actually dies?

He looked at her. She was so, so beautiful. She was right there with him, but he was missing her already. He wanted to be with her. To enjoy some time with her for once more before...before she had to go.

He hugged her and held her tight into his arms, as if protecting her. He could barely keep himself from breaking into tears. His whole body was shaking. He breathed quietly and her lovely smell filled him,making his heart race. He slowly caressed her head, waking her.

-Hey, sweetie... Wake up...

If he talked more, he knew his voice would break. Serifa didn't say anything. She just moaned and rubbed her face onto his chest, happily as usual. Sans's heart was melting. He couldn't stay there.

-I-I'll go make you some breakfast till you wake up properly.

He left the room really fast, as if he was running away. He entered the kitchen and just stood there, at a loss. His breathing had gotten heavy. He knew what was going to happen, but he felt stressed out anyway.

-Get a grip, Sans... These are your last moments with her... Make sure you both enjoy them! he tried to calm himself down.

He quickly prepared breakfast with whatever they had in the kitchen and rushed back. It was funny. A few minutes ago, he was so eager to runaway, but now all he wanted was to see her again, even if his heart was about to break.

He found her still asleep on his bed.

-Breakfast!! Get up, get up!! he was trying to be as cheerful as possible, for both of them.

-Good morning... Serifa yawned and reluctantly sat up. Why the special treatment...?

-Cause you're special, sweetheart! Sans smiled.

He sat on the bed with her and started feeding her. She chuckled and fed him back.

-Hey...do you know any french, Serifa?

-Wow, that was random! I don't know any...why do you ask?

-My name...means something in french.

-What does it mean?

-It means...''without''.

Sans looked down for a bit. What was he saying? What was the point of all that? He was letting his sadness in again. No, these were their last moments together. He had all the time in the world to mourn her after she...she...

-So, are you missing something?

-Yes...your lips!!

Sans laughed and grabbed her, kissing her passionately. She quickly kissed him back, wrapping her arms around him. Sans lifted her up and started twirling her around the room while she laughed happily.

-Sans, you have something on your face!

-Where?

-There!!she laughed and playfully kissed him again.