Lesson 3: Relationships Between a Home Tutor and a Student

Flashes erupted from inside the gym as soon as Midorima opened the door. He stood in front of me to protect me from what seemed to be camera flashes. Reportes swarmed us and kept asking Midorima questions. I saw Takao and the other basketball team players try and keep them at bay but they were just so persistent.

"Midorima, what exactly happened last night?"

"Was the girl with you really your girlfriend?"

"Are you aware that this may give a huge impact on your career?"

Midorima ignored them and turned around. He held my hand tightly and broke out in a run. I mustered the strength in my legs to catch up with him but isn't he going a little too fast?

"Midorima, wait!"

"You haven't answered anything yet!"

The reporters were still following us?! Man, they're a pain....

"Midorima...let go of my hand.."

He looked at me and kept running. I pulled my hand away from him and stood there in front of the reporters. Cameras were all pointed at me and I cleared my throat to get their attention. They all turned to me, including Midorima.

"You guys...can you please leave us, specifically, Midorima alone?!"

I ruffled my hair then put a hand on my hip. They were all looking at me when Midorima pulled me close to him. He hugged me then pulled away. He placed his hand on my waist then looked at the reporters.

"Just so you know...what I said yesterday was true"

I stared at him, my eyes wide open. He looked at me and smirked. He kissed my forehead and the cameras started clicking. Why do they always take pictures when one of us kisses the other?! REALLY....

"Now excuse me, my girlfriend and I need some private talking to do"

He swept me off of my feet and carried me like a princess, again. We walked away from them and thankfully, they didn't dare follow us. When we reached the back of the school, Midorima let me off.

"Midorim-"

He backed me up into a wall and stared at me intently. He leaned in closer then started talking.

"Why did you run away last night?"

I just looked away and he banged his hand on the wall.

"Answer me!"

I looked at him and started trembling. He payed that no mind and whispered in my ear. What is he doing....?

"Answer me..please..."

His voice was...lonely. I turned to look at him and his eyes were filled with sadness. Did I make him sad when I did that? I'm SO stupid. I regret everything I did last night.

"M-Midorima...I'm sorry..."

He hugged me and I hugged him back. Being in his arms was so relaxing. I want to be held like this forever....

"I'm sorry.. I can never make you happy, right?"

He looked at me as he held my shoulders. I felt a tear fall down my cheeks as Midorima hugged me again. More tears began falling after that.

"What are you saying?"

I sniffed while smiling at him. I held his hand and looked him in the eye.

"You always make me happy...."

He looked at me then gripped my hand tightly. He wrapped his arms around my waist and leaned in closer to kiss me. I closed my eyes and waited for him but it never came.