♀ Chapter 18 - U N A W A R E

~ This chapter is the compilation of chapters 16 and 17 but from Shanaya's pov.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ♀ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Just looking at the long line of people outside made me want to bolt. I was absolutely in no mood of partying. But my brother, as stubborn as he was, did not listen to me. Nor did he acknowledge my pleas.

"Jayjay, we're never getting in like this. Just look at the line."

"Why fear when Jason Pierce is here?"

"That's the cause of fear.." I mumbled like a dejected child.

We went straight up ahead, because Jason did not bother to stand in the line. The bouncer gave us a look and Jason, unaffected, went up ahead and put a wad of hundred dollar bills in his pocket. Once the bouncer felt what it was he simply pushed out the others and made way for us. The moron turned to me and winked.

The others standing in the line started grumbling in protest but shut their yap on one look from the burly guys at the door.

A blonde in a slutty red dress winked at my brother (yeah, yeah feminism, girls can wear what they want, no judging, but seriously. Who wears stuff like that?)

It was so crowded inside. Once inside we got a round of shots an proceeded to the dance floor. When I have alcohol in my system, I can let loose and have fun.

I danced a lot, until I lost myself in the music. Strange what a bit of alcohol and music can do to you. I lost sense of time. Must've been hours since we got in. Jason had been busy dancing with some girl before, but sometime in between he came and joined me. I was rocking my hips to one of my favorite beats when I noticed Jason staring at me with a smirk.

"What?"

"You know that all the guys around us are staring at you, right?"

"What?" I couldn't hear him with all the noise in here.

He bent down closer to my ear and shouted, "All the guys here are staring at you sis!"

"Then let's give them an even better reason to stare."

We're a good team, Jayjay and I. But the thing we're best at is dancing. All kinds. Mom and dad put us in all the dance classes together. We partened up a lot. I never found a better dance partner than Jay. May be it's because we've learned everything together or maybe because we practised a lot together. And I think he feels the same way. There was this one time we made a routine for a school dance competition and everyone absolutely went bat shit crazy clapping and cheering after we were done. It was salsa. There was one lift which was very difficult.

I gave Jason one look and he under that's what I wanted to do.

"Tell me you're not thinking of that one."

"Oh yeah, I am."

I gave him a mock challenging you-so-cannot-do-it look which he answered with a smirk.

I took a long runup to him and jumped. He skillfully lifted me up and twirled me around so I was facing in front while bending down and lifted me up in the air again and brought me down twirling twice. Everyone around us clapped and I simply smiled while he winked at a couple of girls.

"Show off." He whispered in my ear.

"Go flirt with one of those girls giving you those flirty smiles. Shoo." I punched him playfully on the arm.

"Oh no sis. Today I'm spending some time with you."

I was just about to say aww but then,

"We know that I won't spend time with you when I join school. I'll be too busy with those girls."

"You little, annoying, piece of.. "

"No swearing sissy. Let's just dance."

The music wasn't very good but all the jams had good beats and were dance worthy. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. (My dress had a pocket. Amazing, right?)

I pulled my phone out to check it out and saw a notification that I'd received a message from Zee. Just as I was going to read it, Jay pulled it out of my hand.

"No texting lover boy now. He's gonna have to wait." He teased.

"How did you know it was him?"

"You always get this lovey-dovey look when you think about him. It's disgusting." He pouted like the little kid he is.

I think I blushed. Thank god he couldn't see it. Or that'd be the end of me. He would not let me live in piece always annoying me, teasing me with Zee. It's happened once before. Not taking any chances now. Just then Jason got a call from someone. He signallaned that it was mom and probably went someplace quiet to answer.

Maybe she's calling to check if he's home safe. Mothers. Always worried about their kids. But Jason was a person who always created a ruckus wherever he went, so I guess she had a valid reason to be like this.

As I got lost in the music again, swaying slightly, I felt Jason pulling me slightly and giving me a we're-so-screwed look. I laughed and both of us headed to the exit hand-in-hand to not lose each other in the throng of people. I cast one look back just as the door closed behind us and saw someone familiar. The light was low but I remember the expression on the familiar-stranger's face.

Confusion.