♀ Chapter 14 - H I N D R A N C E

Monday.
Monday's are boring.
This Monday was awesome.

He asked me out. Wow that was sooner that I expected. So we're going out this Wednesday!

Ahhh! Can you believe it? I can't either. He asked me out!

When I went home, I was extremely happy. The rest of the day was pretty amazing. We sat together for lunch again. I got to know his friends some more. They're pretty incredible.

But apparently my happiness wasn't going to stay for long. Why? You'll see why.

I got home an hour after school ended ( I stopped to get some icecream on the way.) My plan for the day was to netflix and chill. Maybe call Aisha and socialise a little. But mostly netflix. And ice-cream.

Just as I got settled comfortably in my couch surrounded by a mound of pillows, my cell phone rings. I have trouble finding it among all the pillows and food but I somehow manage.

"Hello"

"Hey baby. How are you?" It's my mom. I'm surprised she's calling now. It's probably very late there. Must be something important.

"I'm alright mom. What's up? Everything alright?"

"Not really. No."
As soon as she says that I begin to panic.

"What? Why? Are you okay? Is dad okay? What about Jason?"

"Shanaya. Calm down. There's no need to panic. It's all okay. Atleast for now." I hear her mumble the last part and I'm sure I wasn't meant to hear it. It worries me even more.

"Mom. Tell me what's going on." My parents never usually hide anything. They're pretty clear and upfront about everything.

"Nothing you have to worry about baby. Your dad and I are handling it. But you just have to lay low for a little while. No doing anything to attract attention. No speaking to strangers. No social media at all. Do not reveal your location or details to anyone other than the people you trust. Okay? "

"Mom. Just tell me what's going on."

"Uhm.. your dada has received certain messages that Mason believes are a real threat."

Mason is dad's personal body guard/ manager/ friend.

".. It's a good thing that you have a fake identity for now. It's keep you safe."

"Mom! This isn't a small matter. Why didn't you tell me before?"

"I didn't want you to worry. You've got just started your school now, you're making new friends. I didn't want to spoil that for you."

"This is the reason why you allowed me to have a fake identity in school isn't it?

"Obviously Naya. Do you really think I would've let you do all this just for.." and I hear her high-pitched laughter. I'm completely embarrassed.

"Mom.."

"Yeah. I've got to go. Just one more thing. Jason's coming there. In two days. We've already spoken to the authorities in your school. He'll join you with a fake identity too. Just remember don't reveal your real identities to anyone. Not at all."

"Okay mom. I won't. Don't worry. We'll be fine."

"Okay honey. Bye. We love you."

"I love you guys too."

I end the call with a sigh. This entire situation sucks. My parents are receiving threats from god knows who. They're not safe. And neither am I. Or Jason.

Jason's coming here has only made the situation slightly better. I know most sisters hate their younger siblings. But me and Jason has always been very close. Maybe it was because he was just a year younger. Or because we understood each other. Sometimes people even thought we were twins and we could read each other's mind.

Wait.. did she say in two days? Wednesday?

Shit.