prologue

( warning: we're going from 0-100 )

Hidden from the public eye, and beneath velvet cloth, Taehyung's fingers, calloused from hard work, yet slender due to his slim frame, faintly brushed against your knees. An accident? You peered at him, your widened eyes mentally asking him what had came to mind.

Taehyung was unreadable as he continued looking at the menu. Perhaps you had just bumped into him. 

You brushed it off and looked at the booklet in front of you, detailing rather expensive dinner options until you felt it again- his hand, travelling up your thigh, his fingers feeling every part of you. Your cheeks burned like embers and you instinctively withdrew from him before pulling down against the hem of your skirt, forcing him to stop. 

The restaurant was dark (some would call it ambient lighting, but you just thought it was a tripping hazard), and despite the late hour, it was still crowded. The chattering of other patrons drowned out whatever music seeped out of old speakers and you could barely hear Taehyung speak. Then it dawned on you, he hadn't brought you here for sentimental chit-chat.

"You said you were up to the challenge." The brunette whispered, lifting his menu to block out the faces of the rest of the restaurant goers, creating a false sense of privacy behind laminated paper for the two of you to converse. "Did you lie? Do you want to give up already?" While he sounded kind enough, you knew mockery was laced between each word.

You had blindly told him before, with blatant conviction that stemmed from your unrequited and one-sided love, that you could handle him. Somehow you figured he just wanted you to do menial chores, or asinine dares - which although humiliating, was completely achievable. But this wasn't what you expected.

 A coy smile remained firmly on his lips as he studied you, clearly pleased with the confusion that had taken over your once bright disposition. "I told you. You aren't my type. You're too simple." With that, he dropped his menu and began to shift out of the booth. 

Were you going to fail just like that? Your persistence that had gotten you this far - that had finally gotten Kim Taehyung to acknowledge you - had it completely disappeared at the first sign of public embarrassment?

"I-I'm not a simple girl!" You managed to stutter out. Your words, juxtaposed against your reddened face, weakly attempted to feign confidence as you tried to keep him from leaving. "I'm not going back on what I told you this afternoon." You said with a nod as you grabbed onto the fabric of his blouse to stop him.

"Atta girl." The hardened features of Taehyung's face softened into a warm smile - that same goddamn smile that had stolen your heart the first time you saw him - and before you knew it, you found his lips pressed against yours in a forceful kiss. If you hadn't known him at all, if you hadn't heard the rumors, you would've ignored the apprehension that gripped your chest and instead enjoyed what you had dreamt of for months. But you did know him. And you knew that the worst was yet to come.

"Your first challenge is easy." You listened to him intently, your wide-eyes glued onto his as he relayed his rules of the night.

"Just keep quiet." Taehyung's voice brushed against your neck as he whispered, once again bringing the leather-bound menu to block the conversation from the rest of the world. At this moment you wish you had your own booklet to hide behind. Anything to conceal the crimson blush searing against your cheeks. 

You wanted to ask what he meant, but when his fingers brushed against your bare knees, you realized his intentions.

Each moment of contact sent a flurry of prickles throughout your body and up your spine, and you consciously brought your arms above the table, reaching for the menu he held in order to stave off your protective instincts as you felt his fingers playing faintly against your skin. 

He paused for a second, giving you a look that asked if you were okay. A look that gave you a second chance to swallow your words and back away. But you nodded your head, allowing him free reign of your body.

His slender fingers teased you as they moved beyond your skirt before carefully slipping past the lace of your underwear. Each movement was painfully deliberate as he drew closer and closer to your body, causing your anticipation to rise and fall in rhythm with your breathing. After what felt like hours of cruel torment, he pushed into you eliciting a breathless moan from your lungs. 

He looked at you, as if to say, 'remember the rules' before he went deeper into you. Thrusting his fingers into you, gently then viciously, it was clear he wanted you to give in to your visceral desires. Your fingers trembled from his touch and you succumbed further into his sadistic challenge as you hid behind the menu, biting your fingers to prevent any noise from escaping. Numb, yet burning, it felt like your mind had dissolved into a mess of thoughts and contradictions, both wanting him to stop and to continue at the same time. You tasted blood as you felt your teeth digging into your flesh. All you wanted to do was collapse and cry in pleasure - but you couldn't. 

"Should I call a waiter over? " Taehyung asked, a playful smirk pulling against his lips as he leaned closer to you, stimulating your core with his fingers. They glided within you, quicker and harder, and your body yearned for him to continue. Your knuckles, white with embarrassment, gripped the menu tighter, pulling it towards your chest as you fought a gasp from escaping your body.

The sounds of the restaurant faded into a blurry daze and you pressed deeper into the tablecloth as you tried to hide your flushed face from him, somehow knowing that he would only go faster -- deeper, if he saw how close you were to breaking your composure. You had never done this before. You didn't even know what this was. It was only the pounding of your chest, the muffled gasps and moans from your lips, and the toying words of Taehyung that ran through your head in a lyrical loop. 

Just one more touch and you would melt. One more and you would reach your limit.

But he stopped, cruelly preventing you from reaching climax as you laid breathless against the table, your eyes watery and your face, bright red, from what had just happened.  

From your periphery, you saw Taehyung looking over your worn out body with an arrogant smile, perhaps proud at his own abilities to twist your usually-cheery being into a quivering mess, before he leaned in to you.

"We're only getting started." 

...

(author's note) this is my first time writing this kind of story! i have more chapters written already but they are still saved as drafts. please keep an eye out for future updates and let me know what you think.