one

Cue the flower petals and dreamy music. 

It all started on the first day of high school. You had just moved to the big, bright city of Seoul from the less than desirable nowhere-town of Andong. Honestly, back in your home town, there was no KTX train, no subway system, and basically, nothing flashy and shiny that housed fashionable and modern teens. But here, you felt like you had just moved to New York.

It was the city that never slept, and you loved every inch of it. You had your dad's office to thank for that. They had been promoted to a newer location in the ritzy, trendy area of Hongdae, and now you felt like your life would truly blossom.

However, you would never have guessed that it would happen on the pivotal first day of school. 

Seoul was crowded - and it didn't help that it was rush hour in the morning. Pushed and shoved by uncaring faceless adults, you struggled to escape the subway car. You were so close to freedom. So close to that fresh morning air that your lungs so desperately craved after long minutes of breathing in everyone else's carbon dioxide. 

However what stood between you and the exit was a turnstile. Well, no matter. You had your handy-dandy student card to get you out. Or at least you did. 

Searching your pockets, then your bags, then your pockets again, and your non-existent pockets on your uniform skirt, you came to the realization -- it was gone. Well. Crap.

God. This was not how you wanted your first day to begin. Why did the subway even require you to tap your card to leave? That made no damn sense. You should've just been able to go. While you were silently cursing the strange system of Seoul's underground, you heard an unfamiliar voice calling your name.

"Song Ahreum!"

You spun around and saw a beautiful boy running up to you. Light brown (obviously dyed, but still somehow natural) wisps of hair whipped past the boy's fair skin as he approached you, but it was the perfectly disheveled uniform that caught your breath. Oh dear god. 

He was the quintessential flower boy that you had only seen on television. With sleeves messily rolled up to his forearm, a loose tie and semi-unbuttoned blouse that revealed his gloriously defined collarbones, you swore he must've been delicately crafted by God himself. You managed to tear your eyes away from his body only for your gaze to be caught by a pair of captivating hazelnut brown orbs.

"Are you Song Ahreum?" He asked, his tired expression relaxing into one of inquisition as he scanned you quickly.

"Uh-uhm-- yes! I'm her. That's me." You replied, feeling incredibly stupid as you stumbled over your words. Perhaps it was his gaze, or maybe it was his entire being that made you completely lose all semblance of grace as you stared, half-dazed, into his caramel eyes. 

"I think you dropped this." Raising a brow at your strange mannerisms, he took out a card from his pocket and handed it to you. From the front, you immediately recognized it to be your student ID card that doubled as transportation fare. Ah, so that's how he knew your name.

"T-thank you so much! I hope it wasn't too much trouble..." You said, bending forwards a perfect 90 degrees in gratitude. Most people did this to be kind, and while you just wanted to make a good impression to conceal your previous verbal blunder, you soon found yourself forgetting about manners and instead stared in awe at the other's black sneakers. Unmatched neon shoelaces -- seriously, could this stranger get any cuter.

"No, it wasn't a problem." He said, slightly taken aback at your formality. Rubbing the nape of his neck in the uncomfortable atmosphere that had suddenly taken over the chance meeting, he gave you a small bow, ready to make his leave. Oh dear lord, everything he did screamed "cool" and "charismatic". The way his lips quirked in the corners as he awkwardly smiled. The way you could see his gums as he grinned. He looked so handsome and masculine from afar, but it was these little mannerisms that betrayed a much lighter, even boyish, image.