two

"Taehyung!!" You trilled as you skipped into his classroom, doing a quick scan of your surroundings to make sure there was no one around before you confessed to him for the nth time. Well, honestly, it wasn't like it mattered if it was empty or full, you had definitely asked him out in public before. It was just that solitary meetings gave you more hope that he would actually agree since people weren't staring at him and awaiting a response.

You didn't know the exact point in time when you realized that the Taehyung you met at the subway and the Taehyung at school were nothing alike. Perhaps, your mind had just twisted itself into thinking he must've been a nice guy because of what he did. Love had a strange way of distorting conceptions, after all.

If you asked the students to describe Kim Taehyung, there was a 100% chance that 'nice guy' would not come out from their mouths. The male population tended to call him, 'cool', 'tough' and 'a bit strange.' Girls mainly shared the same opinion as well, except they would tack on 'charismatic' and 'sexy' to their list. To which, you wholeheartedly agreed. But, maybe it was the dramatic optimist within you that believed that one day you would see Taehyung tending flowers at the back of the school, or playing with newborn kittens in a cardboard box. Unfortunately, neither of those ever happened.

"How did you know I would be here?" He asked coldly, giving you an apathetic stare - one you were so accustomed to after years of pining after him. "Nevermind, don't answer. It was Jungkook, right?" Taehyung roughly placed the blackboard eraser back in its slot, his annoyance unhidden from your view as he glowered at your presence.

"Jungkook and I are friends too. If he likes hanging out with me, I'm sure you and I --" You felt like you were preaching, or emphasizing your relationship with the youngest member of his social circle, but you just wanted to give him a reason before he dashed your hopes once more. Unfortunately, like the other times, Taehyung stopped you before you could finish.

"Jungkook tolerates you, and that's because he's a good kid. That's not me."

You frowned at his statement. You had gotten used to his brusque nature, and you developed a thick skin, however you weren't a punching bag -- it still stung. His words always sliced into you like a razor. It would seem mild at first, until your mind dissected each letter and you realized the extent of the wound. This time it wasn't the jab at you that hurt, it was the jab at your friendship with the younger boy. You had to remind yourself -- Jungkook was your friend. Or else he would've left you a long time ago. At least that's what you wanted to believe.

"Taehyung, just one date. One date and I'll leave you alone." You begged, certain that your words set back feminism a few centuries.

"Ahreum. Stop it." Taehyung snapped as he walked towards you with such intense force that you thought he would push you out the classroom and slam the door in your face. To your surprise, he simply placed his hand on your shoulder, gripping it tightly as if sending you a warning -- he was not afraid to hurt you. Chivalry did not run through his veins.

"You always reject me, but you never tell me the reason why. If I knew then maybe I can get closure." You said, grimacing under the pressure of his fingers against your clavicle.

"You want to know the truth?" He asked, frustrated at your persistence. You knew he was going to continue anyway, so you just stood your ground, staring into brown piercing eyes that seethed with annoyance.

"The truth is you aren't my type and you never will be. Song Ahreum, I know your kind. You're the girl that goes to school early and you leave late. You help out teachers. You probably ask for extra homework or extra credit. You freak out when your grades drop. You've never touched alcohol. You're too sweet to go to a party that continues past midnight. Hell, you probably have a curfew at 11:00. Am I right?"

Maybe. If you were a stereotype. Sure, you were generally cordial to all your peers and you cared about your education, but there was no way in hell you would ever want to add on to your stress by asking for more assignments. But, you weren't going to argue specifics. It was clear he simply saw you as a innocent virtuous young girl and though some may have argued that you were, many more people knew you to be quirky, cheerful, and independent. People except Taehyung, of course.

"Honestly, you don't know me at all. I'm not some Mary-Jane, Taehyung. What kind of upright innocent girl would stand for all the shit you give me? Don't underestimate me." You said, feigning courage as you sprinkled some colorful language into your words. Granted, at the back of your mind you were apologizing profusely for having sworn at him.

He looked surprised. For once you saw him wearing something else besides disdain as he looked at you.

"Fine. Maybe we should get to know each other then." The brunette suggested. It was so out of character that you almost choked on nothing as you listened to him.

"If you can prove to me that you aren't a naive little princess, then I'll date you." He sounded harmless enough, but the teasing smirk that pulled at the corner of his lips betrayed his words. He removed his hand from your shoulder, and slowly brought it up to your chin, allowing the tips of his fingers to faintly brush against your skin. You stiffened at his touch and your cheeks flared red -- an unconscious response -- as you held your breath, anticipating his every action.

"H-how?" Your voice cracked from your nerves as you kept staring at him, allowing his dark brown eyes to swallow you whole.

"All you have to do is pass a few challenges. How's that?" Taehyung tightened his grip on your jaw, preventing you from averting your head no matter how much you wanted to. You were sure you were flushed like a tomato at this point, and as much as you loved drowning in the hazelnut hues of his impassioned orbs, you were certain that your red blush would only prove to him that you weren't ready for him.

"I'll do it." You spoke with unfounded confidence before stumbling backwards, breaking his contact with you. "I can handle you, Kim Taehyung."

"Alright then. How about we go for dinner tonight?"

And then that happened.

You sat in your room, curled up in the ball as you recollected what had happened that night -- what you had allowed him to do to you. You remembered his gorgeous smile, his mocking voice, his lean fingers caressing your skin. You rubbed your arms, pressing against the goosebumps that had appeared as your mind relived each memory.

What am I doing? You asked yourself in disbelief at your sudden acceptance of Taehyung's lewd behaviour. Sure, you had thought about kissing him once or twice before, but these things that he did tonight were something reserved for lovers. You knew he was fooling around with you. Would he actually keep his word? Would he want to keep his word after he used you?

This was an awful idea and it took you far too long to realize it.

But.

If it had been so terrible, so immoral, as you told yourself, then why did you want him to do more? You weren't easy, were you? Oh god, maybe you were.

You buried your face into your pillow, letting out a yell of frustration as your conscience and your lust fought each other to determine a solution. Stuck between want's and should's, your head ached at the decision you had to make before you saw Taehyung again.

Somehow, it was like the very thought of him had summoned his presence when your cellphone went off. The caller was none other than Kim Taehyung himself.

"Why are you calling me?" You asked sounding colder and more indifferent than you wished as you pressed against the cool metal of your phone.

"It's time for challenge number two." The rough tempting timbre of his voice crept into your ears, sending sharp tingles throughout your body. You swore Taehyung could seduce you just by speaking. He did it so effortlessly. Everything about him was so damn alluring, and it was then that your desires ousted logic and took control of your senses.

You were falling down a dangerous rabbit hole and you didn't care.

"Tell me what to do."

...

( author's note ) flashback over ~ the actual story continues next chapter!