Chapter 3

“So…how was your night with Matt?” Sapphire elbowed Hayley’s rib while jokingly wiggling her eyebrows. Hayley began giggling uncontrollably but shook her head and began sipping on her cocktail in order to avoid our burning questions.

“Aww you’re no fun.” Kayla pouted and twirled her long hair around her finger. “Tell us about Matttt! You always do!” She insisted, raising her voice.

“Shhhh he’ll hear you!” Hayley said in a harsh whisper and suspiciously looked across the bat at Matt, who was drinking weird blue shots with the guys. “Keep it down!” She mumbled.

“Fine, we don’t really care that much, do we?” I hummed casually and all the girls played along, nodding.

“Okay fine!” Hayley gave in, not appreciating the lack of attention. “It was ah-mazing! I mean it’s not the first time Matt and I hooked up but tonight it was like…sparks flying, you know?” She sighed dreamily, grinning like an idiot.

“Totally see what you mean!” Saffy giggled, having the same lovesick gaze in her hypnotizing green eyes. “Are you like together now?” She turned to Hayley, who was staring at Matt’s profile. “Helllooo?” She waved her hand in front of her face, bursting Hayley’s bubble.

“Wha-Oh umm I don’t know, it’s up to him I suppose…” Hayley mumbled.

“How submissive of you!” Kayla huffed. “When I realized I wanted Jimmy, I went for it and got him, it was easy like that!” She snapped her finger, a look of satisfaction on her face.

“Just lay off me!” Hayley pouted defensively. “Besides, why isn’t anyone talking about how cozy Sierra got with Brian yesterday, huh?” She turned the whole thing on me, making me gasp.

“What’s that supposed to mean?!” I frowned.

“You obviously slept with him last night!” Laura grinned, as if it was obvious to everyone else.

“What?! Did not! No, I slept in his room, not with him!” I stressed the major difference. “Since some else had occupied my room.” I coughed and squinted at Hayley.

“Well you’ve obviously done something right because he won’t stop glancing at you…” Saffy said to me smugly and discretely pointed at the other side of the bar, where the guys sat. I looked over there hesitantly and was soon met by Brian’s playfully gaze. I chuckled and stuck my tongue out at him.

“He’s just being a goof.” I protested. “And it’s probably because he saw me naked.” I snorted.

“He what?!” Kayla gasped. “So did you guys just play around then? He only splashed in the waters instead of going in for the dive? Idiot…” She complained.

“No!” I sighed and frustratedly rested my head on the counter. “He went in to take some painkillers and I just sort of walked out of the shower with nothing on! Besides, stop trying to shove me Brian. It’s obvious that he’s still upset about being dumped and I honestly don’t see your agenda here.” I mumbled and played with my drink.

“Nah, he’s over that bitch.” Laura shook her head. “I’m gonna go look for Amelia…” She then mumbled and hopped off her stool.

“I think you should give him a chance.” Saffy continued nagging me. “He’s a nice guy, and he’s hot, look at all the girls drooling around him.” She pointed to a couple of blondes who were obviously flirting with him.

“I think he’s managing pretty well without me.” I laughed, not caring one bit. “We have showed no interest whatsoever in each other for the past five years, why do now? You two are just being silly.” I told Hayley and Saffy.