Chapter 23

Oh what the hell! Another update for you guys :-*

Please vote and comment with your thoughts and ideas!

_________________________________________

“Told you it was a boy.” I smirked, elbowing Brian the ribs as we exited the vet’s office with our newly adopted, healthy kitten. “Now pay up.” I said to him devilishly, pursing my pouty, glossy lips smugly.

“How ‘bout I take you out for a meal, will that do?” Brian offered and chuckled submissively while we got inside his car, heading for the pet store.

“Yeah, sure.” I agreed with a vigor nod and happily petted the kitty’s soft, short haired head. He seemed a bit nervous after the encounter with the doctor, and I wanted him to relax and know that he’s safe. “Aren’t you a cute little baby? Yes you are!” I giggled, nuzzling his fur.

I put a finger to my lips and examined his adorable little face. “Let’s see…I’m gonna name you…” I hummed, biting my lip absentmindedly. “Manolo!” I gasped.

“Heyyy hang on.” Brian raised his hand in protest. I turned to him, surprised. “You are one who’s going to name him? If you’ve forgotten I’m the found why found him, so I should get a vote, otherwise it’s totally unfair.” Brian claimed.

“Oh is that so?” I cocked a groomed eyebrow. “Because as far as I can recall, you happened to think he was a rat.” I snorted jokingly. “But you know what? Alright, fine! You want a vote, you’ll get your vote.” I cleared my throat. “Who’s for Manolo?” I called and raised my own hand, along with the kitten’s paw. “You snooze, you lose.” I stuck my tongue out at Brian.

“That wasn’t fair.” Brian opposed with a scowl. “He’s gonna grow up to be a beast, so he needs a proper name.” Brian stated heavily and took his eyes off the road to glance at the kitten. “How about Hurricane?!” He smiled smugly, sticking his broad chest out.

“Hell no.” I shook my head firmly, the kitty was way too adorable to be named ‘Hurricane.’

“Ight…” Brian sighed. “JB?” He asked, grinning like an idiot. “Jameson?” He tried again after I shot him a death glare, but failed miserably.

“No way.” I laughed, letting the kitten lie comfortably on my thigh. “Forget it, you suck at this!” I suggested he lay off the matter.

“JD?” Brian chirped again, pushing the envelope.

“No abbreviations.” I warned. “His name is Manolo, and that’s it.” I closed the topic, and Brian sighed in defeat. “Ay eres tan lindo y pequeño!!!’ I squealed excitedly, playing with the tiny energy ball.

A faint growl left Brian’s mouth and I turned to look at him, raising my eyebrow questionly. “Babe you have no idea how sexy you sound when you speak Spanish.” Brian sighed and slid his hand into the back pocket of my pants while we made our way across the parking lot. “You should say dirty things to me in Spanish when we do the naughty. Because I’ll fuck you like a jackhammer-“

“Shh!” I gasped, bringing a finger to my lips and my gaze darted across the shopping center cautiously. “We have a baby here!” I held the kitten up, making Brian chuckle.

“Ight, but don’t pretend like you haven’t heard that. You know exactly what to do to drive me crazy so…”Brian hinted quietly and poked my right buttock playfully, making me bite my lip to suppress a grin from tugging on the corners of my lips.

“Okay, just shut it!” I snickered, we were surrounded by people. Both Brian and I were used to the occasional skeptical stares, and we didn’t want to bring more to attention to us as is. “Oh and make sure you pick up the ones that say ‘kitten’ on them, okie?” I reminded Brian sweetly when we headed down the car food isle.