Weeks turned into Months

Visiting Avery at school always made my day a memorable one. Now I have a new friend at school that I really care for. We started hanging out together almost everyday at lunch or whatever class we have together. He even started inviting me to his house to watch our favorite movies. Seeing him was always a joy and that brought me happiness whenever we'd pass by each other and give each other winks and smiles. I know, what fairytale mush. Though this is how my friendship with Avery came to be and form. We met staring into each other's eyes when he stood in front of the class to introduce himself. Sounds like a fairytale to me. Girl meets Boy, what cheesy things to ponder. But, this is how it all worked out. I never could have imagined a better person to hang out with other than Avery. Gabe possibly, but Gabe Isle was no Avery Hedge.

The weeks of me and Avery really getting to know each other started to form deeper as we shared our secrets. Not our deepest darkest secrets deep down in our soul. No, my brother has the key to those kinds of secrets. We just shared ones that weren't deep under our skin.

"Does Braden Lowes bully you that much? You have only been here for a couple of weeks!" I said standing up from my seat at lunch and almost yelling out my anger.

"I know, I know, but he just doesn't like how much I can steal the spotlight from certain people. It isn't my fault that I can shoot a basketball hoop better than him. He just bullies me to scare me from doing the things that I like." Avery's hand set down on my shoulder and guided me to sit. He looked around the cafeteria to check if anyone was staring. He tried to calm me down saying that it wasn't a big deal. But it was a huge deal to me.

Avery had been being bullied by this boy in our grade names Braden Lowes. He didn't get along with Avery ever since he came to our school. I decided to give justice to Braden by going to his house and emptying the air from his tires so that he can't ride his bike to school anymore. I told Avery my plan, but he wasn't thumbs up for revenge.

"Canada, that seems a bit dark, even for you." His facial expression during lunch the next day was very worried and angry at the same time. I loved it when he looked that way. It was what made him cute when he is worried. Whatever, I didn't care if it was evil or not. Braden had no right to push Avery around over a stupid thing. Basketball? Come on. That is a boyish thing to fight over. We are not fifth graders anymore. The plan might be stupid, and it might not push Braden away, but at least I would get some satisfaction out of it. 

"I don't care, at least we won't get in trouble by the school. Besides, we will find someone close to Braden they will tell us where he lives. Then before our curfew is over, we will sneak in the night to his house, get the air out of his tires and then run back home. Easy. Then, he will have to walk to school the next day. He won't bother you again." I said gesturing my plan and smirking at the idea. Avery fought with me about him serving justice to one of the mean boys in our school. He said that it wasn't right. So I threw back it wasn't right for Braden to bully him like that. He paused and thought. Nothing was right if it had anything to do with bullying over pointless things. It is like fighting over a toy. Childish. He finally gave in and we slowly pondered the look on Braden's face when he will walk to school.

Late that night, we planned our attack. I told my mom that I would be going out for a walk. Avery told his mom that he needed some fresh air. We meet in the darkness behind my house. I checked my phone and Fred, one of Braden's friends, sent me the address of Braden's house. Braden wasn't far from my house as it turned out. That was what made the sabotage that much easier. We walked for a couple of minutes before we finally hit Braden's house. I smirked to see Braden's black and blue bike parked right in front of his driveway. Avery and I walk to the bike to release the valves of his bike tires so they all of the air would release overnight. I looked back at the house and saw that all of the light's were out. It looked like no one was home. I could hear the heavy, nervous breathing of Avery. I looked at him and his face was tense and scared. I smiled knowing that this would be worth it. Once we finished releasing the valves from the tires we ran back to my house to get a quick laugh.